Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

A hunt gone wrong

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: A hunt gone wrong

Post  Lunar on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 8:46 pm

Kutoto looked on in confusion of the newcommer. Instead of revealing himself he dicided to keep low just incase the newcommer was in any way hostile. He whispered to himself "Just who is this?" Kutoto remained in the treetop looking down at the others with a feeling of confusion and caution.

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 3:41 am

Toby stayed where he was, though the itching feeling of being too close to a strange newcomer than he deemed necessary was threatening to make him retreat somewhere else. Still, he felt slightly responsible for the two he'd met earlier - after all, he had promised that he'd be watching.

So, with a degree of determination, Toby stayed put. Although he didn't exactly feel like revealing himself any time soon.

Admin

View user profile http://authenti@googlemail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vgmaster831 on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 5:08 am

"Not... necessary," K'thurkheck said hesitantly. "Wee... I think that which I can understand is the language improper. It is spoken by you." She thought for a moment, "I am able to talk with you. Am learning the languages of others. The mistress talks them to me." She put her claw under her mask, pulling it off. She flicked it twice and threw it behind her, out of sight and existence. "I call me K'thurthkheck. How do you call yourself?"

vgmaster831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bocephus on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 7:32 am

Ansrana sighed in relief "Oh, good..." her eyes stopped glowing, though she still seemed tired "I am Ansrana. You are...Kether...Kuther...uhm...K'thurth...kheck?" she giggled "Sorry if I'm mispronouncing it, I don't think my mouth is made for that name!" she looked up at the aligator lady "How did you get here?" it was clear to the others that she enjoyed talking, once she had allies.
Bocephus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 9:58 pm

Kutoto thinking the newcommer doesn't mean any harm decides to scale down the tree silently. "Maybe this newcommer is not bad" he thought to himself as he reached the roots of the tree and gazed on from behind the bark trying to stay as silent as possible. His colouring almost allowed him to blend in with the tree luckily for him.

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 10:14 pm

Toby watched the goings-on below him with a changing mood. At first, he'd been worried that this mysterious newcomer might cause problems in some way, but judging by the way the other two seemed willing to trust her, he decided he'd give her the benefit of the doubt.
Toby slid around the branch and warped back into his humanoid form, hanging by his sleeves for a few seconds before dropping like a stone to the forest floor and kicking up a few dead leaves.

"Hello," he said lamely, remaining on the edge of the group of people. He seemed keen to remain in the background for now, perhaps waiting to see how events would develop.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 05 Jun 2010, 12:19 am

Kutoto looked at Toby's attempts to open up to the new adition and sighs, He was still hiding behind the tree probably not notied by the newcommer. He thought to himself "What am I doing here shying out. This isn't like you."

He suddenly perked remembering something and looked down murmering "What happened to that Pichu... I hope it's okay..."

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vgmaster831 on Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:12 am

K'thurthkheck guffawed at the elf trying to pronounce her name. "It takes the tongue of a kang... err... i do not know kang in the improper language." She broke from her thinking to nod her head at Toby. When the elf asked her question, K'thurthkheck's smile faded, "I had traveled, and must be traveling one time more." She smiled half-heartedly as she suddenly she was putting on her mask. She put her claws to her forehead and began to dematerialize.

((She'll be back. In fact, she'll be back in a few seconds.))

vgmaster831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Wed 09 Jun 2010, 1:11 pm

Nimbus crept in the bracken, his steps silent as he slowly circled around the position of the group. These were the only people he'd seen on his island so far, and he wasn't going to let them out of his sight until he understood what was going on. His yellow eyes shone dimly as he peered through the bushes at them on the otherside. Opening his mouth a little, his tongue trailed out, like a snake itself, it reared up and licked his nose before he withdrew it back into his mouth. He watched as the reptilian female started to dematerialise. Many creatures from many different planets were here, but why.

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Wed 09 Jun 2010, 8:13 pm

Kutoto suddenly shuddered for a moment. He looked around feeling the presence of another individual, And this one doesn't seem to be too friendly to him. "Something's wrong here...." he thought to himself as he tried to play it calmly. He decided to sit down on the root of the tree he was leaning on wondering what the feeling is.

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bocephus on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 6:46 am

Ansrana blinked, and sighed. Teleportation magic always annoyed her...because she hadn't the slightest idea of how it worked. She felt a new pattern in the magical weave approach, and turned towards Nimbus's direction "There's someone else here...I think."
Bocephus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back again.

Post  vgmaster831 on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 8:10 am

K'Thurthkheck felt herself coming into existence again, this time ready for the fall as she opened her eyes and once again saw only mist. She drew a sharp breath as she began to fall again. This time she whispered, "Wee such shurkh." She fell slowly for the last few meters. She landed gracefully in the middle of the same group. "I have not just traveled." She narrowed her eyes, "What sorcery is this?!" She fell into a battle stance, baring her teeth instinctively.

vgmaster831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 9:08 pm

Toby frowned at the sudden reappearance of the gator lady, his scarf instinctively flinging up in front of him protectively like a defensive hand. "What are you doing?" he snapped, the whole affair looking quite silly to him from an onlooker's perspective. Apparently he was unaware that she had been trying to actually leave, and had merely taken her odd teleporting habits as they'd appeared - until she more or less explained her intention.
"None of us can leave, either," he said, folding his arms and fixing her with a blank look. "The mist stopped me every time I tried, anyway." He didn't see a need to explain more than that, though he had a feeling there would be more questions forthcoming.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:18 pm

"None of us can leave either"

Kutoto perked his ears at Toby's statement. "But we can get in...." commented Kutoto remembering his first day on the island. "I mean one day I just woke up not that far from here with an opened parachute... There has to be some explanation...." Kutoto added frowning in confusion. He then sighed after a slight pause and murmered "If we can get in then shurely we can get out."

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bocephus on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:23 pm

Ansrana shrugged "It seems like we were all summoned here. If it was as simple as a basic teleportation or plane shift spell, I would have been out of here a while ago. I was chased here by the fog." she turned to the gator lady "K'thurthkheck was it? Sorry if I can't pronounce it right. This fog appears to be out of my experience..." she looked to the ground "I deal with the weave...the base weave. I think this is either the Shadow weave or the Divine weave in nature. It's not the type of magic I use."
Bocephus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:52 pm

Nimbus watched as her teleportation failed. Hmm..so leaving is not an option...I better go make myself known to the regulars then.. He planned to himself, a smirk creeping on his face. Standing up tall, he raised his head high, heading into the bush he'd hidden behind, causing it to shake and rumble as he pushed his way through, suddenly breaking out into the open, stepping out and shaking a rogue branch that had caught on his leg, he stood up straight, head up and yellow eyes piercing around the group.

"Hello." He began, his voice deep but a hint of friendlyness added, the best he could do anyway. "What do we have here then?" He asked, another smirk adding to his expression making him seem sinister although he was attempting to be nice.

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sun 13 Jun 2010, 5:54 pm

Kutoto looked at the newest adition in the party. "H-hello there." Something about Nimbus brushed Kutoto in a way that he began to feel uneasy. However the cat like being managed a stiff upper lip and smiled a little. He perked hearing his stomach growl finding it a good excuse. "I'm kinda getting hungry now guys so if you don't mind i'm gonna head off and look for some food~" Kutoto laughed a little as he headed off "See you lot soon" he shouted as he headed off to look for some food.

(Kutoto is now leaving the topic okay~ Sorry everyone ^_^; )

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vgmaster831 on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 9:14 am

K'thurthkheck straightened her stance, and apologized, "I am... sorry. I am in the wrong place. This place is not where I supposed to be." She shook her head, "If you taken like I have been, the magic of you is not correct for this place." This language barrier was so tedious, she had important information to convey. She turned swiftly as she heard a sound from behind, spotting Nimbus and crouching again. She bared her teeth and hissed, "Sickness!" Her eyes narrowed when he spoke, "You lost, yet you speak."

vgmaster831

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 3:15 pm

Toby sighed and relaxed slightly more, now free of his worries that the gator lady was about to try and bite someone's head off. So she could act civilised. He'd been preparing himself for a fight.

...And, he suddenly realised, he still might be in for one. As Nimbus emerged from the shadows, he found himself instinctively turning his right sleeve into the shape of a sharp point. Toby hid this behind his back and, had he the ability to whistle, would likely have done so with a good deal of nonchalance.

"Merely a recently-met group of wanderers looking for information. If you have something to say, do so. Otherwise, I suggest we all decide a place to go from here." Toby figured that if he could dismiss the worryingly sinister-looking newcomer as an everyday meeting with a stranger, he would find it a lot easier to keep his cool. "A forest is not the kind of place I want to spend my whole day. As much as I detest the concept, we should look for civilisation."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:43 am

Nimbus let out a small growl at the reptilian, "Sickness? What?" He asked, still as if nothing had phased him. Lifting one eyebrow at her, he turned his attention to the humanoid looking one, well, he seemed humanoid yet his scent was different, a golem? Not of a kind he's smelt before though. He stared innocently as he formulated things about each of them in his mind, taking things in before replying. "Yes, the forest is rather a dismal place, we should move should we not?" He asked politely, moving forwards into the group now rather than facing them.

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bocephus on Wed 16 Jun 2010, 4:39 am

Ansrana looked from one person to another "Well...If we want to get out and explore faster...I can summon mounts for us. Probably good to do so anyways, in case there are hostiles around." she blushed "I wasn't really expecting fighting today, so I don't have many defensive spells. Only utilities. But the ones I do have require little energy and can be cast even now."
Bocephus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:48 pm

{ VG doesn't seem to be paying much attention to this site at the moment so for the sake of everyone else we're now RPing as if his character isn't there, until he decides to come back. }

Toby rolled his eyes at the elf-thing's offer of summoning mounts. "No. No, thank you," he caught himself at the last second. "I can keep up on my own. I'm not fond of changing form but I'd rather that than put my trust in something I didn't create. No offense."

Toby really wasn't the type to enjoy full use of his own powers, but when the time came to it, he found he'd rather rely on himself than on others - even if he got his energy from them...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Sun 27 Jun 2010, 1:18 am

Nimbus eyed the golem before looking back at the mage. "The same goes for me. Thanks for the offer though" He nodded in a fake thankful gratitude before stepping around the site, pacing around. "I'd prefer to feel my paws on the ground, and I do believe I can keep up with you at a good pace" He explained, stopping to lift one paw, watching it as he extended and retracted his sharp claws, before looking at the others to await the verdict.

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bocephus on Wed 30 Jun 2010, 12:11 am

Ansrana shrugged "Suit yourself. Spirits of the wild...hear my plea. Summon a Mount to carry me!" the fabric of reality seemed to shift, and a large boar appeared out of nothing, which she promptly got on "Well, now, shall we explore? I'd like to get a ways out of this forest, it is not my own and I would like to get a bearing on our position in this realm."
Bocephus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Sun 11 Jul 2010, 4:46 pm

Toby gave an unimpressed look at the boar that the elf had summoned (but then, was he ever impressed by anything?) and flung his arms skywards; the fabric extended and looped around a tree branch, and shortened again to swing him up, round and onto the branch itself. "Hurry up. I want to get moving."
There seemed to be very little regard to what anyone else wanted to do, but Toby wasn't used to thinking of others. He experimentally tested the breeze with one arm, but the forest blocked most of the wind and there wasn't enough to carry him. He'd have to move by himself. A slight grimace appeared on his face as he realised this.

[ Oh my gosh guys I am so sorry! I completely forgot it was my turn to post, I was waiting for someone else even though they've all moved out of the thread ;A; Sorryyy! It won't happen again! ]

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2