Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Cut off from Command

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Cut off from Command

Post  Bocephus on Wed 16 Jun 2010, 11:34 pm

Tah thought a bit "Actually, that's not a bad idea. From what I understand, all three of my figures have done it, if we drop off the edge we'll land in the lake in the middle of the island. From there, we can head towards the cityscape to the northwest or the temple to the north. I can paint some parachutes if you're too scared to dive." he flicked his tail, brushing it over the remaining food and sucking it back into the bob. He looked at Jones "Expect the theories of Lord Newton to bend a bit."
Bocephus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Thu 17 Jun 2010, 1:31 am

Marvin, meanwhile, was more or less rendered speechless for a while as he recovered his wits. Meeting a 'ghost' for the first time had somewhat taken a lot out of him.
Eventually he clasped his hands in front of him to stop himself from fidgeting and steeled himself enough to continue.

"Y-you said 'we'... So... A-are you... some kind o-of collective? A h-hive mind?" He may be a coward, but Marvin wasn't the bluntest knife in the drawer. Whether he was wrong or right, he couldn't yet say, but in his mind it sounded like an interesting conclusion to draw.

Admin

View user profile http://authenti@googlemail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  0 on Thu 17 Jun 2010, 8:53 pm

The Phantom faded in and out, reappearing behind the man and then back in front of him, as though trying to get a look at him from all sides. Hearing its words It could tell that this was no complete ignorant being, despite his first appearance of just a simple frightened boy.

"Yes," it said, unwinding its legs so that the lower half hung in the air, as though it were sitting on the edge of something. "Think of it like a superorganism, only as a ghost. We are many spirits together, but our minds are connected to create a single soul."

As It talked it listened to the conversation of the two that sat not far behind them, trying to decide whether it was relevant or not to itself. It was not, but it was interesting nonetheless. What were these 'stick figures'? And the demon had mentioned painting some parachutes...just as well, it had taken the last bit of food into the bob at the end of its tail. By no means was it any 'normal' being, though perhaps it was for its own kind.

"What's your name? And these others...what are theirs'?" It asked this in a curious manner, not in any way to be rude as to suggest that it was ignoring the others' presences.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdventurerJones on Mon 12 Jul 2010, 5:23 am

The Cadet blinked and looked at the Ghost at hearing the question, he seemed.... more friendly then he thought and was actually making him less uneasy, and more at ease.

"The Name is Robert, and this is Tah, and you are talking to Wesley." The Cadet said smiling.

He stopped and listening in the wind heard a voice. "What...." He looked at the others. "Did you hear that? Uh... life force tribute? is that.... that sounds bad." However he made it a point to travel to the temple next... that seemed logical to do.

AdventurerJones

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bocephus on Tue 13 Jul 2010, 11:29 pm

Tah set about painting three large squares of bright green fabric on the ground, attaching small lines to each of the four corners and the middle. He drew a harness on top of each of them, and lifted them...shifting them into three dimensions "You all ready?"
Bocephus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Thu 15 Jul 2010, 2:03 pm

Marvin nodded briefly, seeming to regain his wits a little and clasping his hands in front of him. If this was the situation, and it seemed as though it wasn't going to change back to one he called 'normal' any time soon, he was just going to have to deal with it.

Of course, that didn't mean he'd make an entirely smooth transition. "I-I, yes, I'm Wesley. Sorry. I'm... A little confused right now..." He ran a hand through his hair sheepishly, calming himself down. At least he sort of knew what was going on. It didn't make any sense, but at least it was consistently nonsensical.

All at once, he froze in place and stared blankly off into space. "...D-did... anyone else...?" He caught sight of Robert and heard his comment on the mysterious voice, and seemed to relax a little now that he knew he wasn't the only one who had heard it.

Admin

View user profile http://authenti@googlemail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  0 on Wed 21 Jul 2010, 10:27 pm

The Phantom blinked, watching the three with interest. Where were they going? What were they planning to do? It wasn't too sure of the answer to these questions, but the Phantom soon found that it wasn't really concerned with them. Instead, the Phantom bid a silent goodbye to the three, not saying a thing as it faded away -- disappearing, it seemed, into thin air.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3