Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Touchdown [Complete]

Go down

Touchdown [Complete]

Post  Authenti on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 3:33 pm

Sail swung her feet forwards as she slowed her flight path, wings beating forwards to create wind resistance, and after a dizzying drop out of the sky, she beat her wings quickly to stop her descent and then touched her claws gently to the treeline, kicking branches out of the way and stumbling to a halt a few minutes later on the forest floor.
"I think my wings are bruised," she reported huffily to no one in particular. "This is why I hate trees. There is no room to fly."

Sail re-folded her wings carefully at her back, and the guards once more slid over them. Most would assume at this point that she had no wings at all - the effect was somewhat disconcerting.

She raised her head and began scanning the tree trunks nearby, looking for signs of the voice that had called her to the forest. "I am unsure where the voice was coming from," she remarked sheepishly to the passenger on her back.

{ Bocephus, if you're reading this, since you already have one of my characters and several other users in your thread, we can assume Sail got lost. Kass can meet up later if she chooses to. It's not that I don't want to RP with you more, I just figure it'd get confusing. xD }

Last edited by Authenti on Sun 06 Jun 2010, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

View user profile http://authenti@googlemail.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Touchdown [Complete]

Post  Kass on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 4:06 pm

Kass's eyes were wide with the thrill of the journey. "That was amazing!" She said, praising Sail as she hopped of her back, using a tree to balance herself from falling. "They said the Forest, right?" she replied, placing one hand on her hip and resetting the style of her hair from the flight, the air having dried it off a bit now. "So they have to be around here somewhere." She mumbled.
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Wed 02 Jun 2010, 4:51 pm

Sail's mood had apparently changed a lot in the few seconds since they'd set down in the forest. "Hmm. Maybe they are. Maybe they aren't." She flicked her tail irritably and frowned as it connected with a tree and stuck there, the blade-like tip embedded in the bark. She yanked it free and examined the cut in the tree.

"I do not like it here." She turned her eyes heavenwards and unhappily noted that the leafy canopy obscured the sky. "I cannot fly out of here without risk. From here, I walk." She untucked one wing from its guard, bending her neck to preen the feathers with her beak. "It is up to you. Where do we go from here?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Thu 03 Jun 2010, 2:13 am

Kass rubbed the back of her head. "Eheh..well i'm not exactly the best decision maker, but maybe we should go find that voice y'heard. The faster we do it, the faster you can get out of this forest right?" She said in a cheery tone, trying to help Sail's mood. "But which way to go to do that..well since we came from that direction.." She muttered, pointing up then in the direction, "Then maybe that way will be our best bet" She finished, pointing south in the opposite direction they'd came.
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 4:04 am

Sail considered this briefly and then nodded, a quiet smile reappearing at the corners of her beak.

"You speak sense! Then we should go quickly. I do not like forests." She did tend to repeat herself, but that was mostly a lack of vocabulary and a willingness to fill conversational space. "That way it is, then. I shall lead. I will find paths where there are less trees."
With that announced, Sail shook herself like a dog (which was awkward on two feet) and then prowled forwards clumsily, weaving through the tree trunks with some difficulty.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 4:12 am

Kass paused for a few moments before following Sail, watching her trundle through the trees she held back a laugh and simply smiled to herself at the situation. With a large chuckling grin, she marched after her, ducking under tree branches and glancing around at the forest warily. "This place gives me the creeps.." She muttered, not scared just liking to keep the conversation going.

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 4:27 am

Sail briefly tilted her head slightly, attempting to look back at Kass and still keep her body in a straight line so as not to crash into anything, but soon gave up on this as a fruitless endeavour.
"Forests can be scary at night and when birds are not singing. But there are some birds singing now and it is not night-time. Hence it is not scary." She didn't seem to consider that it might seem that way to anyone else, but at least her mood had improved now.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:14 pm

"Yeah but there's cover everywhere. We're on a strange island, what if theres something hiding in the forest waiting for jump out and kill us or something" Kass replied, not seeming pessimistic in expression, but excited to see how something would bring them to this island and how it may look and the powers it could hold. "How exciting! The thrill of the chase, being on the run-" She said cheerily, placing her hand on the bark of a tree to step over a clump of what seemed to be nettles.

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

Sail didn't even think she needed to give that idea any further entertainment. She snorted and shoved through a gap between two particularly annoying trees. "You do not need to be afraid. I am here, and I am a dragon, and dragons are very stubborn things. We do not die because we feel like it. I will protect you if anything comes our way." A sweet sentiment, if not for the fact that she was giving no thought to the actual possibility of there being something out there stronger than her.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 9:58 pm

Kass giggled quietly, "I've managed to live this long, just lucky I guess." Ducking under a branch, she held her hands together behind her back as she walked. "Thanks anyway" She grinned, "Glad to know we can look out for each other." Hopping over a root, she pushed her fringe out her face again. "I may not be able to fight, but normally I can talk my way out of dangers. Or just run fast" He muttered, aiming to comfort her to begin with but ending up feeling stupid.

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Fri 04 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

Sail nodded to herself in response to her new friend's statement. "I am glad, also. It is good to have allies."
Lifting her head slightly and blinking as sunlight suddenly struck her eyes, she unfolded one wing from beneath its guard and used it to shade her face. "We have reached the edge of the forest. I feel it is my duty to find the source of that voice, but at the same time... I do not wish to go back in there." She emerged fully from the tree line and shook herself, enjoying the warmth of the sunlight. "So I will not."
Sail stared thoughtfully over at the strange collection of buildings in the far distance, then panned her neck around to view the lake, the temple, and the rest of the island.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Sat 05 Jun 2010, 9:41 pm

Kass covered her eyes as she followed Sail into the sunlight. "Houses?" She asked rhetorically, moving her arm back down as she stared at the houses in the distance. "Theres like a community here" She muttered, tilting her head before looking back at Sail. "Maybe we should head towards there. Could be useful, if we find someone actually living here, then maybe we can work out why we're here too."

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Sun 06 Jun 2010, 4:06 pm

Sail's gaze lingered once more on the houses in the distance, then flickered back up to the skies. She spread her wings absently and flexed them a little.
"That is a good idea," she remarked, but her heart wasn't in it. "I must explore further, though. You can make it there on your own, yes?" She nodded to the collection of houses and glanced back at Kass. "I will find you later if I can. I must put my flying skills to good use. If there are more of us here, I should look for an exit."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass on Sun 06 Jun 2010, 5:19 pm

Kass nodded in response, "Yeah that's fine. I'll catch you later then, be careful out there" She said, seriousness covering her face before leaning back and smiling again. "See yah~" She grinned, shoving her hands in her pockets and starting to walk towards the houses, edging her way so she was away from the lake, she wanted to avoid that for the time being.

[So should I post with Kass arriving at the residential area now? :3]

Nimbus!

Anthony!
Kass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down