Tale of Nebula Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Just Chillin'? [Finished]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just Chillin'? [Finished] Empty Just Chillin'? [Finished]

Post  Kass Wed 02 Jun 2010, 4:26 pm

Crewe yawned, outstretching his arms and wings as he did. Gosh doing nothing was tiring. Leaning back against the wooden gazebo, he faced away from the lake, being part lion he didn't exactly love water, and looking at the big preportion of it made him feel somewhat queezy.

Crewe just made a successful robbery, stealing a man's bag of golden coins, he flew back to shout happily about managing to snatch them but ended up falling back through mist, ending up here on the island. Good old island He thought, throwing the bag of coins up and down in his hand. He didn't really care where he was, at the moment anyway. He was too happy about his first successful steal...ever. And how long had he been a "theif" for? Too long anyway.

Last edited by Kass on Mon 14 Jun 2010, 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Just Chillin'? [Finished] Empty Re: Just Chillin'? [Finished]

Post  sami Thu 03 Jun 2010, 3:51 am

Tao zipped after another shoal of fish. They had just managed to worm their way into the thick weed of the lakebed when Tao noticed a strange shadow on the surface. He felt a bit safer, after meeting Sail and Kass without incident, so he returned to the air to investigate.

The shadow had been cast by a person, or something like it. Tao perked his ears forward curiously. His orange eyes watched the newcomer's tail wave back and forth.

"H-h-h-hi." His shyness still marred his curiosity, making him stumble on the unfamiliar words.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:18 am

Crewe jumped forwards dramatically at the voice, quickly he shoved the bag in his pocket before spinning around to see who had spoken. Spotting Tao, he leaned back, placing his hands on his hips, trying to make himself seem bigger incase it wanted to attack him. "Wh-what do you want?!" He plucked up, attempting to be fearless yet stumbling on his words and ending up to sound as scared as the creature before him.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:45 am

Tao's own tail rose like a periscope from the lake's surface as the newcomer turned to face him. His ears bent themselves downwards with a shy frown. This newcomer didn't like him, it seemed. Lord, he was hungry. His stomach growled. The newcomer looked funny, all puffed up like a kitten."Who are you?"

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:59 am

Crewe's ear twitched at the calm response. Lowering his stance to a calmer one, he pushed his hands casually into his pockets. "Name's Crewe, yourself?" He asked the creature. He'd never seen someone like this before, male he presumed, and since he hadn't ran into anyone on this island before, maybe he was a habitant here. "Do you live here? Do you know how I got here? All I saw was mist before whumff-" He explained, doing a "whumff" action with his hands, "I end up here!"
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:34 am

"Tao." Tao's ears perked forward again eagerly. "Lost." He turned his face up to the sky. "Weird mist..."

Another fish distracted Tao momentarily before he leapt from the water and clambered up onto the railing of the gazebo. He shook his head, water droplets flying in all directions. "Hungry."

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:40 am

Crewe covered his face with his arm instictively to avoid the water flying everywhere. With an unpleased expression, he lowered it again, tilting his head at Tao and the fish. "So you can hunt..you could be handy.." He muttered inaudibly to himself. "So you're lost too then eh?" He said friendly, stepping forwards, hands behind back. "How about we stick together? Two are better than one on a strange island~"
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Fri 04 Jun 2010, 3:51 am

Hunt? He wasn't exactly great at it... His ears tilted forward at Crewe's muttered comment.

"S-s-stay back!" He shied away as Crewe stepped closer, tail twitching madly. His ears lay flat against his head, and every muscle was tensed. He bared his sharp canines in an open-mouthed hiss. His orange eyes narrowed. After... that incident, he wasn't exactly very cuddly.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 04 Jun 2010, 4:07 am

"Hey, hey!" Crewe exclaimed, stretching his arms out infront of him at Tao in a calming position, stepping back. "I'm not trying to hurt you, or threaten you, or anything! I just think..we've both been brought to this place for a reason, so maybe sticking together would be a good strategy. Find a way out of here!" He encouraged, his wings tucked together as not to make him seem threatening.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Fri 04 Jun 2010, 5:49 am

The orange slits that Tao's eyes had become watched Crewe's retreat sharply. He let his mouth close and licked his flat nose. His ears rotated like satellite dishes, taking in his surroundings. A bird darted past overhead.

Him, hunt? Might as well...

"Hungry?"

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 04 Jun 2010, 1:08 pm

A smile brightened on Crewe's face. "Am I ever" He replied cheerfully. "I'm not exactly..born for the wild, you see. No claws or sharp teeth-" He explained, wiggling his fingers before opening his mouth to show his normal unsharp humanoid teeth. "So i've not been able to hunt since I got here" He said, before his stomach gurgled in responce, causing Crewe to laugh nervously.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Sat 05 Jun 2010, 5:37 am

Tao considered Crewe for a moment, unblinking, and turned back to face the water. He was about to dive in when a stick figure, of all things, splashed down in the middle of the pool. It almost immediately swam out and trotted off, however, and so Tao figured the water was safe enough. He'd just have to watch the sky.

He dove in a graceful arc into the lake. His transparent eyelids slid over his orange eyes and his gills flared open. A school of silvery fish darted away into a clump of weed. Baring his teeth slightly, Tao rocketed after them and used the weed like a net to haul them close. They squirmed and struggled, but Tao kept his hold on the strands of plant and took them up to the surface. He had thought of this technique while Crewe had been saying something of no particular interest.

He tossed them into the air one at a time. They landed on the gazebo with a wet slap! sound. The last one, instead of throwing, he pierced with his sharp canines, letting it struggle and go still in his jaws.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sat 05 Jun 2010, 8:30 pm

Crewe flinched and jumped backwards in reaction to the fish on the gazebo. "Holy cr-" He began to curse, rubbing the back of his head. Edgeing toward the fish, he sniffed it, bending towards it before picking it up by the tail and holding it up. "Yum" He grinned, opening his mouth wide and hovering the fish over it. "Down the hatch!" He said, licking his lips before dropping the fish into his mouth and swallowing it whole, his eagle side causing him to do so. After it slid down his throat, he sighed. "Yummy!" He exclaimed, rubbing his stomach.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:26 am

Tao pulled himself up onto the rail of the gazebo again with a self-satisfied grin. He had outsmarted the little fishies, and he was going to be rewarded with dinner. He pulled the fish out of his mouth while his jaw was still shut, tearing a sizeable chunk out of its side. Who cares if it was cannibalism of sorts, fish tasted awesome. His ears perked up happily as blood dribbled down his chin.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 06 Jun 2010, 1:27 pm

"Eh, thanks!" Crewe said, lifting his arm to give Tao a thumbs up and cheesily winking at the same time. "You're awesome at hunting! I'm jealous" He laughed, leaning against the back of the gazebo, leaning his elbows over the rail. Glancing upwards, he stared at the mystical looking mist, thoughts flowing through his mind about what the heck it was. He wasn't exactly wanting to go back, it was nice here! And he had someone to hunt for him! All was good in Crewe's eyes, but knowing why it brought a hopeless Anima like himself here, would make him feel a bit more settled.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Mon 07 Jun 2010, 5:50 am

Tao glanced up at the mist briefly as well before returning to his fish. He felt unusually cheerful. Perhaps it was the food, he hadn't had fish in ages. He crunched up a few of the bones pensively before turning his orane eyes to Crewe.

"Lost?"

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:34 pm

Crewe turned his attention back to Tao. "Lost? Well, pretty far from home i'm guessing. And I don't really know where I am so...yeah pretty much. What about you? Are you from here?" He asked, his ears perking up behind his oversized fringe. Why hadn't he asked this before! He was too busy focusing on food..Ah well, at least he'd asked him now Crewe thought to himself. If he was from here then maybe he could give him some answers about why he was brought here.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:03 am

Tao shook his head. Now that he stopped to think, he had no idea where he was. He had been climbing the outer wall, he had been so close... Then everything went white, he couldn't see, even with his cat eyes. Then he landed in that lake. He considered the sky again, puzzled.

"Where are you from?" He didn't stutter this time. Something about Crewe was comforting. Perhaps it was that they both had, er, unusual characteristics.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:19 am

Crewe let out a small sigh, "Nowhere in particular...I'm more of a traveller actually, no one'll be missing me back there..heh" He mumbled, edging a quick fake laugh in after. He stared down at his feet, his loneliness showing through against his proud nature. He'd never really had a proper friend before but he was starting to feel more and more about Tao, the confusion of this feeling making him feel more lonely for never having had one before at his age. Swallowing his sadness, he looked back at Tao, acting as if nothing happened/ "What about you?" He asked.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Tue 08 Jun 2010, 3:47 am

Tao, though not a very sympathetic creature, felt Crewe's loneliness. His own ears sank sadly. He knew that feeling. He knew what it felt like to be lost and confused.

To Crewe's question, he swiped the blood off his chin and drew a square on the gazebo. Inside this square, he drew another, and another within that. The smallest square he divided into half, then 4, then 16. "There." He put a little red 'x' in one of the center boxes of the smallest square. "Bad place." His tail puffed up nervously. It began to twitch back and forth without his notice.

[yes, he can somehow magically draw that much with just a fish-worth of blood XD]

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Tue 08 Jun 2010, 3:11 pm

Crewe tilted his head and stepped forward to look at the picture. He'd never seen anything like it before and his confused expression showed it. "Where's that?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he tried to make out what the boxes represented. He wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, nor was he that experienced on geography. All he knew were the places he'd never been and the places he'd been chased from.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:27 am

"I come from a cage within a box within a wall within a wall." Tao pointed at each component of his diagram as he explained. "Bad people there..." He shuddered, ears and tail drooping. "Never go back!" He covered his face with his arms and began to whimper wordlessly, half-formed memories of men in labcoats poking him with needles and hooking him up to wires and throwing him into dark rooms... He curled himself up on the gazebo, curling in on himself.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Wed 09 Jun 2010, 2:45 am

Crewe's expression dropped as Tao explained. "Oh gosh-" He mumbled, feeling bad for previously nearly taking the mic out of his diagram. "I'm s-so sorry!" He explained, stuttering in his embarrasment. "I had no idea.." Looking down in shame, he stared at the picture for a few more silent seconds before looking back at Tao. "But..you're free now right? That's good isn't it?" He said, a faint smile as he tried to cheer him up.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Wed 09 Jun 2010, 4:13 am

Only one word of Crewe's pitying stutters penetrated the wall that Tao had put up in his mind. 'Free'. It sounded nice. He had never heard that word before. He wondered what it meant. "Free?" He let one eye peek out from between his arms and look curiously at Crewe.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Wed 09 Jun 2010, 12:59 pm

Crewe's ears lowered, sadness striking him like a blade. "Well...you're not there anymore, so you don't have to be tested on, you're 'free'" He explained, staring at Tao. "So this island is like, a break from your life. Well..I say a break, who knows what'll happen, we might end up here forever.." He trailed off, looking to the side before looking back and continueing "But if we end up magically back where we were transported from...then I will come and find you. And i'll bust you out of that laboratory, and we'll both be free together!" He exclaimed, his wings fluttering excitedly as his face showing a determined look.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next