Tale of Nebula Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

From the Fountain.... [Finished]

2 posters

Go down

From the Fountain.... [Finished] Empty From the Fountain.... [Finished]

Post  0 Thu 03 Jun 2010, 8:05 pm

Noon.

Over the day, a strange fog had come to cover just one part of Nebula Heights: Main Street. The mist from the edges almost seemed to have stretched out and come to surround the structures lining the street, only this stuff was thinner, and in the center was an area of clear air where the Fountain sat. The Fountain gurgled, the water sprouting from its center for minutes on end before it suddenly stopped, then came flowing again over the thin disk into the larger surrounding bowl. This process repeated itself constantly: on, off, on, off; the water seemed ever-changing. Each new spout of water seemed to bring with it something new yet old.

This time the spring's waters halted for an unusual five minutes, the water in the bowl slowly swirling round, and when it all started up again there came leaping out of the center a line of gray color, grayer than the silver mist that sat floating around the fountain. The line wriggled in the air, like a live squiggly line drawn into the very properties of the air itself. Then it shot forth with lightning-fast speed to the edge of the fountain's larger basin. The line shifted, changing shape, and slowly came into the form of a young female human, sitting on the fountain's granite lip.

For the moment, the Phantom was invisible. No one except for special eyes could see that it was there. Phantom sat there, watching, waiting, for something to come, someone to appear.

Back to top Go down

From the Fountain.... [Finished] Empty Re: From the Fountain.... [Finished]

Post  Kass Sun 06 Jun 2010, 5:29 pm

Kass walked slowly towards the fountain, it seeming to be a good place to place herself before exploring the town, she also felt the need to get a drink of water after the walk from the forest. Reaching the edge of the fountain, she cupped her hands together, scooping a small amount of water up and drinking it, finishing off with a sigh and dropping the excess water back into the fountain.

"Hm.." She muttered, to herself, not enjoying the silence of the area, the only sound she could hear being the fountain. Leaning on the edge of the fountain, she stared into the water, thoughts rushing through her head as she relaxed to the tranquility of the area.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:16 pm

Energy levels...acceptable.

The Phantom watched as an apparent human appeared on the scene. Approaching the fountain, she drank from its waters and sat down on the edge like it was doing, only this one didn't seem to be able to notice It. It debated whether or not to appear to the person; on the one hand, it had been alone for an awfully long time, but on the other, who knew how this one would react to a ghost appearing to her? It took time in deciding this, but eventually figured, why not?

Manifesting form....

Phantom's figure came into being. From transparency into translucency it changed, then slowly into opacity. Starting from the head down (as it had been decided), the ghost started to appear to the female in her own humanoid form. It didn't look at the woman, not even a glance; it merely waited for her to notice It.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:24 pm

Kass's eyebrow raised as she saw the being begin to appear, pushing herself back from the fountain, her expression showed more intriquement than fear. "Well aren't you a clever thing-" She muttered, impressed by it being able to appear without her having noticed it in the first place.

"Hello there-" She began, stepping towards the apparant girl, keeping her calmed stance and tilting her head as she got closer.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 6:42 pm

The Phantom turned its head, at first not showing any emotion but then suddenly smiling at seeing the person's reaction. It was always interesting to It to see how different individuals reacted to certain situations., which was probably why it usually preferred to watch in silence than interacting itself. However, it took a moment for it to register this one's language and implement it into its own for it to use. It's not as if the ghost knew immediately whatever language it came upon.

"Hel...lo," It said slowly, looking in its unbiased way upon the person.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:36 pm

"So you can talk.." Kass replied, as if she was assessing the creature. "But i'm guessing that's not your native tongue...what are you?" She asked, frowning in confusion stepping closer. "You're amazing though...being able to assess my language? Make yourself not visable and I can't even sense your presence! Amazing!" She grinned, loving being able to meet this new creature.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

The Phantom saw this one's growing curiosity and awe, and wondered quietly to itself about the human; it certainly seemed to love to talk, but what sort of human was it? It inclined its head slightly to the left, looking on and listening to the person's every word. In answer to her question it said, "We are...a connection of souls...a ghost...." and waited for it to finish talking before asking her a question itself. "Name...?" It kept half its attention on the girl, the other part of it sensing the surroundings, keeping an eye on them. It didn't know when or where another thing could show up, human or otherwise, but was expecting it in some way to happen, now or later, perhaps when the human had gone or itself had wandered off to someplace new.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 06 Jun 2010, 10:42 pm

"A ghost?" Kass asked, still not showing fear to it. "Wow, never met a ghost before!" She grinned, showing her teeth cheesily. "My name's Kass. Do you have a name?" She asked, not sure due to it being a collection of souls. "Also...you said 'we'..and you're more than one soul? Then you're a group of beings in one whole spirit. Wow.." She muttered.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Sun 06 Jun 2010, 11:36 pm

The Phantom's fluency in the language was growing better by the minute. It said, "We have no set name...but we prefer to be called...the Phantom...." Phantom listened closely to this 'Kass' and nodded to her. Smart, it was beginning to think of her to be. "You are...human, correct?" This was a question, for the Phantom was not entirely sure. It had seen strange species on the island, and for all It knew Kass could be in disguise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 07 Jun 2010, 1:08 am

Kass's expression turned a little dull, she hated being called human but she didn't want to leave a bad impression. "N-no...actually i'm a Time Lord.." She muttered, wondering if the "Phantom" knew of her Race's importance in time, and how they were all supposed to be extinct. Questions lead to more questions and Kass always regretted telling people of her true species, mostly because she's a wanted criminal and one of the only ones of her species left, yet this Phantom seemed trustworthy. "But don't go spreading that around." She finally said, a small grin reappearing on her face.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 1:35 am

The Phantom's head tilted to the other side, eyes moving up and down the 'Time Lord.' It had only a slight idea what that might be.

"I will repeat nothing."

Phantom stared at Kass for a moment more before getting up off the fountain, standing up it didn't bother stretching its limbs, though now that It was real they had become somewhat cramped from sitting for so long. The Phantom, having gotten bored now, circled the Fountain once before starting off in what seemed like a random direction. Suddenly, though, it stopped and then turned, looking at Kass strangely.

"Are there others here?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 07 Jun 2010, 1:53 am

Kass bit her lip, the question striking her causing her to pause to think for a moment. "Well there are two more I have seen so far, not including you. And one of which heard of a voice of someone from the forest. We visited there but did not find anything so I travelled here." She said, feeling as if she'd just spilled her whole life story to this stranger.

"Are you from here originally?" She asked, wanting to find out what she'd set out to look for before it left.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 4:50 am

The Phantom looked startled by the question, but immediately that expression changed to one of no emotion.

"Yes and no," it said. "Though I believe we've all died out, part of us have lived here since the island has first been, while the other half of us has spent their lives travelling through the universes only to get lost--these are those that have not ever been on the island; and all of them, upon dying, then gathered into what is now our individual of collected spirits. As I said, though, we might all be gone now. We, ourself--this individual body--has, yes, been here since the island's first days."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 07 Jun 2010, 6:29 pm

"Hm." Kass pondered, a confused expression on her face. "So if you've been here since the island became, then you must know what's going on here right? Do you know why I woke up here?" She asked, stepping closer again, feeling close to solving the puzzle and getting more excited as she did.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Mon 07 Jun 2010, 9:55 pm

The Phantom looked confused itself. "So you're not an original being here?" It shook its head. "No. We do not know ourselves exactly what is going on. All we know is that, if you're not from here, and the others are not from here, then all that must mean is that barriers are somehow breaking down. Between this dimension and others. We do not know specifically why you of all people would be one of them to wake up here. Maybe it's a calling; maybe it's destiny; or maybe it's all random. We haven't much of a clue, but somewhere the true answers could be found, and we think we might know where on this island."

Last edited by 0 on Tue 08 Jun 2010, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Tue 08 Jun 2010, 2:13 am

Kass sighed, still unbeknown to the truth behind her presence here. "..Fate? Destiny? ..too many tie me to different places.." She mumbled, looking away. "I hope to find the true reason why i'm here...I'm looking for others that may hold the answer" She said firmly, staring back at the fountain then at the Phantom again. "What are your purposes here?"
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 8:39 pm

The Phantom looked away for a second, as if trying to decide or think on the answer to Kass' question.

"We don't believe we have any," it finally said, turning back to her. "Not yet. We've been dormant for a while now, waiting for others to arrive if at all. And now they have. For now, though, we might only observe and take note, maybe even interact if we choose. We wish to find out the mysteries of this island. We believe there may be clues everywhere, but it seems some are more prevalent and enigmatic than others."

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Wed 09 Jun 2010, 1:28 am

Kass nodded along to the Phantom's methods. "Ah, well I wish you luck on your journey, and I hope you manage to find others" She bowed in respect, placing her hands behind her back as she started to walk past, stopping and turning to continue to talk. "It was a great benefit to me to meet you, and I love meeting new kinds, so thankyou for that" She thanked, grinning cheesily before continueing off towards the main street.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  0 Wed 09 Jun 2010, 3:46 am

The Phantom nodded back to Kass; it stood still as she walked past, and debated for a moment or two whether it should follow her or not -- what sort of beings would she encounter on her own. It hadn't seen much of anyone aside from Kass, not for a very long time anyhow, and it didn't know when it would find another. However, she had said there were others on the island, and it was bound to bump into another one way or other, so long as it continued searching.

Sighing, Phantom let its body grow from solid back to transparency; keeping itself invisible it started off in a random direction, different from that of Kass. It figured it might be seeing her later. Maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down