Tale of Nebula Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Literal Flowerbed

2 posters

Go down

Literal Flowerbed Empty Literal Flowerbed

Post  Authenti Wed 09 Jun 2010, 6:20 pm

Farrah felt her grip weaken, and spat out curse words as she slid several metres downwards, clenching her gloved fists tightly around the rope and panting heavily out of shock. It was bad enough that she was descending so far from that mountain's sheer cliff without a break, but now that fog had rolled in, she couldn't even see the ground any more...

Learning from her short drop, she carefully loosened her hands around the rope slightly, having realised that sliding down the rope would take a lot less energy than climbing down it. The descent was still slow, but eventually...

"Finally," she hissed, feeling her feet touch soft, grassy terrain and allowing herself to sink to her knees, still gripping the rope with one hand. All of a sudden, the rope went slack; had the peg come loose? Farrah felt slightly disturbed that this could have easily happened while she was still clinging to it, and edged backwards slightly. The top end of the rope smacked her on the head on the way to the ground and the red-haired girl groaned, picking it up to examine it.
"...Hey... This was cut!" she exclaimed, and turned her head skywards, toppling backwards and lying on her back amongst the unfamiliar flowers. She couldn't see anything but mist in the skies, though there was sunlight hitting her face.

Farrah bit back an insult she'd wanted to throw at whoever was up there, because quite frankly, she knew they wouldn't be able to hear her now. Besides, the mist was retreating more and more every minute; she felt content to just lie there and regain her strength. Descending a rope for so long had taken a lot out of her...
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

http://authenti@googlemail.com

Back to top Go down

Literal Flowerbed Empty Re: Literal Flowerbed

Post  Kass Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:45 pm

Anthony sat in the Temple Garden, after he arrived here a long while ago, he hadn't thought to explore or find other people, he'd simply admired the flowers in the garden. Retreating back to a patch of grass, he'd sat down, legs crossed, his antenna flowing in the wind. He sat and admired a patch of flowers, the beauty of it stunning until out of nowhere a person arrived.

Anthony's eyes widened, the shock causing him to leap backwards yet failing and ending up doing a wonky sidewards roll. Bewildered and confused about how this person appeared in the flowerbeds before him, he shook his head, calming himself before crawling slowly towards her. From this level he couldn't see her anymore as she was shielded from his sight by the flowers. Creeping closer and closer, he finally reached the flower bed, rearing up on his knees and ending up directly above her. "Hi!" He greeted, adding a winning smile to his greetings. "My name's Anthony, who're you?" He asked, his Scottish accent ringing in the air as he spoke cheerily.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Fri 11 Jun 2010, 12:23 am

Farrah let her eyes drift shut, having become unusually comfortable with her little bed of tall grass and flowers. Strangely, this place seemed peaceful. She didn't know where she was - she'd already realised that this was not what the bottom of the mountain had looked like when she'd first begun her descent - but she saw no reason to get into a panic about it.

The soft rustling of grass nearby alerted her to the presence of another person, though she waited a few seconds after she knew they were hovering over her to let her eyes flicker open and a smile to cross her otherwise calm face.

"Boo," she mumbled softly - too quiet to be surprising, but good for comic effect. Suddenly remembering that common courtesy demanded her to answer his question or risk being rude, she blinked up at him and raised a hand to wave it a little. "I'm Farrah. You can shorten that to Far, if you like." She tilted her head to the side ever so slightly.

"You look funny from down here," she added. Any inhuman characteristics she may have noticed already, Farrah brushed to one side, determining to ask questions later.
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 11 Jun 2010, 1:38 am

Anthony smiled wider as he realised she was friendly. Standing up off his knees, he placed his hands on his hips. "Funny? What do you mean?" He asked, actually confused as to what she was referring too. He tilted his head in the opposite direction to Farrah, or Far as she said. He didn't know what to make of her, she'd just dropped out of a cloud of mist. What was he supposed to think? But he supposed he just dropped here too, so maybe she's the same as him. She looked human, so maybe she was from Earth? Thoughts buzzed in Anthony's mind like a beehive as he waited for an answer.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Fri 11 Jun 2010, 1:32 pm

Farrah continued smiling up at Anthony as she waited for him to stand up so she had room to move herself. She then sat up suddenly and bounced to her feet with the momentum. "Funny! Ha ha? You were the wrong way up," she explained slightly more sheepishly. "Or, you were the right way up, and I was the wrong way up. You're funny," she repeated, smile breaking into a grin.

Farrah now took the opportunity to shade her eyes with one hand (quite unnecessarily) and slowly hop on one foot to rotate herself 360 degrees, scanning the field of flowers as she went before thumping her free foot down again and folding her arms decisively. "Do you live around here?" she enquired. "I don't think this is where I meant to go. Nice place, though."
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 11 Jun 2010, 3:57 pm

"Uhm...n-no" Anthony stuttered, lifting his arm to ruffle the back of his hair. "I ended up here a while before you did. I was just admiring the flowers" He explained, looking down embarrassingly at the flowers. "They're pretty" He muttered, smiling a little as he stared at the sea of colours in the flowerbed.

"Nice to meet you Far" He said finally, a bit slow but that's how he was, looking back at her and extending his hand towards her. A human greeting, so he'd learnt. "Hey, are you from Earth?" He asked, tilting his head like an owl. "I know it's a little strange to ask, but I don't think I'm there anymore.." He muttered, ears lowered as he spoke.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sat 12 Jun 2010, 10:25 pm

Farrah placed one hand on her hip and the other in his, shaking hands firmly before dropping her arm back to her side. "I agree. The flowers here are very nice, though I've never seen anything like them before. And it is very nice to meet you, too!"

Almost instinctively, she mirrored Anthony's odd head movement and held her head to the side just like he did. "Earth? Yes, I am. I don't think it's a strange question, really. Anywhere else, it would be, but here... I agree. It seems like a different place. I don't remember there being plants like this anywhere on Earth... and... this isn't where I was going to when I climbed down the rope."
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:56 am

Anthony straightened his head again, cocking it slightly in the other direction now. "So no Earth then..." He muttered, placing one hand on his back as he tilted backwards to look at the sky. "Well the sky's still blue, that's good, right?" He asked rhetorically, looking back at her. Bending down, he picked up the rope that had fell down along with Farrah, holding it up he observed the tip of it, frowning at it before placing it in his mouth. A strange variety of mumbles followed, before he took it back out. "This was cut!" He exclaimed, unbeknown to her saying it previously. "Did you cut it?" He asked, eyebrow raised as he was being serious.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sun 13 Jun 2010, 3:13 pm

Taking the hand off her hip and raising both in a kind of emphasised shrug, Farrah made a casual 'mmf' noise to confirm her agreement about the sky. "If it's blue, it's blue. I don't know if that affects how good stuff is. I don't like rain, though."

She looked on with a vague frown of confusion as Anthony apparently bit the end of the rope, and blinked at him curiously. "Heh, no... I can't fly. If I'd cut the rope from up there I wouldn't have gotten myself down here. Not without going 'splat', anyway." Despite such morbid imagery, she passed this off as a casual comment via a comical grin. "Either someone up on the mountain cut it, or something else happened to it. I don't think I saw anyone else nearby when I started my descent, though." She raised a brow. "Which is rather puzzling, to say the least. Say, why did you do that?" Farrah asked, referring to her new friend's odd behaviour of putting the rope in his mouth. "Magical history-sight powers or something?"

Last edited by Authenti on Mon 14 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 14 Jun 2010, 12:52 am

Anthony blinked numerous times before answering, "Uh...no" He muttered embarrased, looking down, "I was just seeing if it had any electrical impulse...see if it'd been cut by anything I could pick up on.." He mumbled, staring down at it in his hand embarrased for acting so stupidly as he'd learnt on Earth, not everyone was fond of aliens as it seemed, yet most just thought he was rather weird and just bullied him for it.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Mon 14 Jun 2010, 7:22 pm

Farrah seemed to think about this carefully for a moment, then her expression brightened and she grinned again, shifting over to clap him on the back amiably.
"That's super neat-o!" she cried with a great deal of enthusiasm. "I wish I had superpowers. You could be a superhero where I'm from. Everyone is so boring there. We should get you a cape!"
Farrah flung her arm tightly around his shoulder and began casually steering him towards the temple, her other arm gesturing wildly as she began to make conversation.
"I think the world would be better if there were more people with magic powers. More interesting. You know? I always wished I could fly, when I was a kid. Or have fire breath. When it's cold, do you ever pretend the mist you breathe out is actually fire? I used to pretend to be a dragon a lot when I was a kid..."
Farrah continued chatting wildly, barely pausing for breath as she meandered completely off-topic.
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 14 Jun 2010, 9:27 pm

Anthony lowered his ears, listened to Farrah talk. He'd never met anyone this talkative, normally people didn't want too talk to him, but she treated him like a human. His antenna buzzed almost silently, glowing on and off as she began to push him towards the temple. "So uh-" He stopped her, "We're going there are we?" He asked, nervous about what could be in there, to be honest he liked it out here with the flowers, yet he also liked Farrah and wasn't about to let her go in alone.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Mon 14 Jun 2010, 9:41 pm

Farrah didn't seem to react badly to the sudden interruption, merely glanced at Anthony, then up at the temple, then back again with a pleasant smile on her face and a brief nod.
"I guess so! I mean, there's nothing better to do right now than go exploring, eh? And that building looks pretty. What do you think it could be?" She quickened the pace through the southern part of the meadow, gaze now fixing itself on the open temple and the yellowish stone that looked just about low enough to clamber up onto the main floor with a bit of effort.
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 14 Jun 2010, 10:52 pm

Anthony stopped at the foot of the temple. Looking up at it, he leaned back to see the top. "I dunno...maybe a shrine or something?" He answered, placing his hands gently on the ledge then looking at Farrah and lowering them again into a foot-up position to lift her up. "Want a lift up?" He asked, grinning as he did. He wasn't exactly the strongest but he'd help her as much as he could.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Tue 15 Jun 2010, 3:34 pm

Farrah slowed to a halt as she reached the ledge, staring up at the four pillars at this edge with a certain degree of awe. "This is neat-o..."

Upon hearing Anthony speak, she shook her head to dispel the amazement long enough to nod at her friend. "Much obliged," she chirped, carefully placing one foot in the offered hands and springing herself up to the ledge. Farrah then immediately turned and reached down a hand of her own to return the favour.

"Hurry and get up here, this place is really neat!"
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:46 am

Anthony looked up as she reached the top, grabbing her hand and lifting himself up to grab the ledge, taking the weight off her hand to lift himself up to roll onto the side of the ledge. "Woah.." He mumbled, staring over the edge before looking back at her, noticing he was still holding her hand. Quickly letting go, he stood up to hide his blush of embarrasment. "S-so, should we go inside?" He asked, already knowing the answer as he stared at the temple in awe.

[Should we move to the Temple thread now?]
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Wed 16 Jun 2010, 7:10 pm

Farrah was gazing back up at the temple even as she yanked Anthony up onto the ledge beside her, attention apparently focused entirely on the temple itself and not on anything else. Which was probably lucky for Anthony, since she didn't seem to notice at all that her hand had stayed in his for perhaps slightly too long.
"Inside...? Heck, yeah! I bet it's laced with GOLD or something! Imagine if we found treasure or something!" Farrah immediately set off walking past the pillars and into the back of the temple, glad it didn't have any actual walls so she didn't have to waste time looking for a door.

{ Hyup, off we go :3 You go make the thread, it's your post *coolface* }
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum