Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Where now?

Go down

Where now?

Post  Lunar on Tue 15 Jun 2010, 3:56 pm

Kutoto paced out of the forest, When he thought he was at a safe distance he slumped on the floor to catch his breath "I.... Think I will be okay now...." The cat like alien mustered enough strength to pick himself up. Realising he was out of the forrest he looked around discovering a large body of water, Kutoto perked in joy "If there's water... Then that means there's fish.... And that means.... FOOD!!" Kutoto sprinted for joy with newfound strength hoping to grab a bite to eat.

An hour or so later the cat like alien layed down on the bankng of the lake with a belly full of fish, He started purring lightly. He seemed happy where he was... "But I don't have anyone to share it with...." He sighed to himself sadly.

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where now?

Post  blazinvire on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 4:00 am

Falling... what an unhappy feeling it gave to feel gravity drag her from the heavens, the air rushing passed her with frightful speed as she plummeted head first.
Her eyes were closed, thinking it were some kind of dream, half-conscious and half-aware.

What had happened? Wasn't she in the monastery?
As her eyes opened slowly she realised she was definitely not dreaming, and definitely not in the monastery. She discovered she was a truly staggering distance in the sky hurtling head first for a lake, and she strangely felt rather drained like she had been practicing all day.
Wait, maybe she had, her memory was kind of foggy for some reason, and suddenly awaking in the sky over a very unfamiliar land was quite the startling experience so not the best environment to jog one's memory.

Siela took a few deep breaths and straightened out her body like a needle, finally holding in a deep breath as she hit the water at an insane speed.
She shot deep underwater like a torpedo with air bubbles trailing behind her, vaguely trying to redirect her descent into an arc off closer towards the surface to little success, quickly losing her falling momentum and beginning to swim for the surface.

She broke free from the water and blinked a few times as she looked around, hoping that maybe somehow the water might have woken her out of this foreign land, obviously failing.
With bizarre casualness like it happened everyday, Siela climbed out of the water -whilst in the middle of the lake- and stood up absently on the water's surface to get a better view of her surroundings.
It didn't really help her or anything, she spotted a bizarre gazebo thing that she'd never seen nor heard of, and this place was truly unrecognisable.

With a shrug Siela shifted into a run towards the shore, utterly confused and disorientated with where she was, a million questions running through her mind but it wasn't like answers came in the form of rocks or trees.
And then with a sigh of resignation, Siela found herself at the shore in short time and sitting down to contemplate on the situation, not really noticing the strange creature not too far away from where she sat.

"...The heck am I...?" Siela mumbled to herself as she ran a hand through her soaked hair to mostly get it out of her face.

blazinvire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 4:06 am

Siela's landing accientaly soaked Kutoto as he slept. "Woah what?!" He yelped as he woke up. That's when he saw her. S-she's cute... he thought blushing to imself. He then regained his consciousness and aproached the girl.

"Ummm hello there." Kutoto said in a shy tone. "Your guess is as good as mine... Heh...."

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  blazinvire on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 11:07 am

There came two surprises in delay as Siela jumped slightly at hearing someone's voice when she was pretty sure the area was void of life, so her gaze snapped around to where it had come from to find something she'd never ever seen before in her life was actually the one talking.

"WAH!" Siela cried out in surprise as she half leaped, half crashed in attempt to get some distance between herself and whatever kind of creature was talking to her, only managing a foot or two before rolling back onto her haunches in a half crouch.

With wide eyes Siela stared at the creature and blinked several times in disbelief.

"Wh... what... you... talk... what.. are you...?" Siela said rather slowly as if not even sure of her reason to talk, half in the opinion that this was a truly elaborate dream or hallucination but generally speaking she rarely became aware like this in dreams.
On one hand seeing a foreign creature probably made as much sense as falling out of the sky when her last memory was of training in the monastery, so maybe this was all relatively normal? Emphasis on the 'relatively'...

However, an old Sojharni lesson came to mind as she thought about her bewildered state, that shock or surprise put oneself at a disadvantage more often than not, thus it was better to just accept what one saw and not even try to understand it until there was free time to feel shock and think about it.

blazinvire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 6:32 pm

Kutoto looked at the girl. Deep down he knew that this would be a response he expected so he smiled and said. "Well.... It's a bit of a long story short. I'm what you would call an alien... The name is Kutoto~ Glad to be of assistance" The cat like alien smiled reashuringly. "I won't hurt you don't worry." He blushes a little "That would be despicable to attack a confused girl."

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum