Tale of Nebula Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Room of Gold?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Room of Gold? Empty Room of Gold?

Post  Kass Wed 16 Jun 2010, 9:58 pm

Anthony watched as Farrah entered the temple, looking behind him at the view, he quickly turned back and followed her. "J-just be careful, okay?" He said cautiously, thankful for her not noticing the hand moment before. Or seeming not to notice, or just not wanting to say anything but she seemed to be acting the same. Carefully stepping forwards, he kept his steps light, his converse making a small tap on the floor as he tip toed after her. There might be traps...or something down here.. He thought negatively to himself, not saying anything outloud but keeping a worried expression.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Room of Gold? Empty Re: Room of Gold?

Post  Authenti Thu 17 Jun 2010, 1:54 am

Farrah craned her neck round to flash a supportive grin at Anthony and slowed the pace to let herself draw level with him. If they were going to explore, she figured they'd do it as equals.
Besides, it was hard to blather obnoxiously to someone who was behind you.
"Careful? Pah! This place has been abandoned for years. You can tell. There's dust on the floor, look." She paused to stick her tongue out in concentration as she carefully swept the corner of her shoe around in the dust to write a message, then giggled and moved on swiftly. "Haha... I drew a cock..." she muttered to herself childishly, just out of earshot.
"Hey! Look at that!" Farrah pointed to an old plinth at the centre of the temple floor. "What is that?"

[ she drew a rough sketch of a rooster ]
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

http://authenti@googlemail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:09 pm

Anthony squinted at the plinth, looking at the ground and bending down to feel the dust, his antenna buzzing as he did. "Dust..." He muttered, heading over the plinth and placing his hand on the side of it, doing the same but his antenna not buzzing this time. "..Nothing" He said blankly, "No dust, no nothing" He said, lifting his head and standing back to look around again then back at it. "Why is there dust everywhere but on this plinth?" He asked, quite pleased with himself for noticing.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:17 pm

Farrah turned in a complete circle, surveying the temple and the view out of each side. "This is so cool..." Her voice was hushed slightly more than it had been, as if she felt that she should be respectful for some reason. Farrah wasn't sure why.

"Hm? You say something?" She approached the plinth at the opposite side of it to Anthony, drawing this close in time to hear his question. "Humm... Well maybe someone does dusting?" She smirked, stifling a giggle. "Naw, that's silly. I don't know. Could the wind have done it?" Glancing around, though, she didn't feel that this was likely. It didn't even feel like there was a breeze in here, let alone wind. This in itself was starting to bother her.
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 18 Jun 2010, 12:35 am

"There's no electro magen levels for dust anywhere on this plith! And no wind" Anthony exclaimed, getting more concerned by the second as he examined the plith more, before stepping back. "I don't like it, the waves are making me wary" He mumbled wimpily, rubbing his arm as he looked unconfortable. " It's almost spooky..."
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sun 20 Jun 2010, 2:00 am

Farrah blinked stupidly at him for a few seconds as she attempted to figure out what he meant. "...Elec... for... Do you mean it doesn't, er... allow dust to settle on it? Heh, sorry. I don't know much science. I have to dumb stuff down into layman's terms, but I guess I can do that quite well." She examined the plinth more closely, leaning over and bringing her eyes closer to the surface. "It looks smooth, too. Like nothing has, er-" She attempted to breathe in and failed, then jerked upwards and inhaled sharply.
"A-Anthony, there's no air below the lip of the dish thing..."
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 20 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

Anthony was about to try and explain his electro-nonsense yet he didn't quite understand it himself. "..Alien stuff" He finally muttered, watching as she dipped her head in the plith then draw back as if she'd just been submerged in water. Listening as she explained, his expression turned to serious concern. "Wh-what? How?" He asked, stepping back towards it and placing his hands on the side of the bowl, glancing at her worriedly before placing his head in it, trying to inhale and quickly jolting himself back.

Coughing for trying to inhale, he swallowed, staring back at it. "What is it? I know one thing, I don't like it. Please, can we just leave it..." He whimpered, his antenna buzzing uncomfortably.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sun 20 Jun 2010, 1:20 pm

Farrah spent another few seconds staring incredulously at the plinth. She looked like she was about to object, but after a quick glance up at Anthony, she sighed and nodded.
"Normally I don't just ignore stuff like this. But you're more likely to know about this stuff. If you think it's dangerous, I'm not going to disagree with you." She offered a comforting smile and edged around the plinth to join him before casually linking arms with him and attempting to tug him towards the main exit.
"After all, sometimes it's best to just leave well enough alone, right?"
Despite what she said, Farrah did seem perhaps disappointed that her friend didn't want to investigate further.
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 20 Jun 2010, 3:15 pm

Anthony stared at her as he was dragged, turning his head further to look back at it. Letting out a small sigh, he paused, halting from her dragging him. "It's something new, right? Maybe looking into it wouldn't do much harm.." He said, acting regretful as he said it but with a smile to make him look mischevious.

Turning with her still linked, spinning them both round to face the plinth again. "I think the curiousity would eat at me if I didn't look more anyway" He grinned playfully, starting to walk towards it again, now dragging her. "As they say on Earth, curiousity killed the cat" He finished, his cat-like ears twitching.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sun 20 Jun 2010, 3:59 pm

"Hah? Oh, sure!" Her expression brightened right away and she stopped tugging at his arm, instead gleefully skipping back to the stone plinth and prodding it carefully. Nothing happened, but she grinned anyway and folded her arms.
"Okay. So far, we know no dust settles on it, and it repels air or something. It might mean it repels all particles, not just dust and air." She held her hands up like a set of scales, as if weighing up the facts. "I can't think of a natural reason for it, so maybe someone designed it to do that. But what use would that be?" Tilting her arms so the 'scales' were weighed slightly towards the right, she frowned. "Unless it doesn't just repel particles. It might do something else with them - maybe something useful, maybe not. But I'm not good at science. I just do logical links with what I know. So, any ideas?"
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 20 Jun 2010, 5:22 pm

Anthony placed his hands in his back pockets. "I dunno...I'm not that clever myself" He muttered, "But if it doesn't repel them, maybe it changes them, converts them to something else, like a small catalyst in the bowl" He said, staring down at it. "Or maybe it moves them, like a teleport or something for a bubble under water somewhere, filled with the oxygen that's meant to be there"

Taking one hand out of his back pocket, he held it above the plinth. "I wonder what would happen if I put my hand in the center of it, through the bubble?" He asked, staring at his hand as if he wasn't controlling it.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Mon 21 Jun 2010, 6:33 pm

Farrah kept staring at the strange stone basin, a relatively serious look on her face for the first time since she met her new friend. "I dunno. That might not be a good idea. We could just put something else in it and see what happens..." she suggested, though there was a glint of curiosity in her eyes. "...I dunno. It's up to you. Personally I wouldn't risk losing my hand over it... you never can tell with all that mysterious stuff, right?"
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Tue 22 Jun 2010, 12:04 am

"I guess you're right.." Anthony retreated, placing his hand behind his head to ruffle his hair and to grin. "But what?" He asked, spinning around and looking on the floor for things, only seeing dusty rocks and such. Picking one up, he threw it up and caught it again then turned back to her. "What about this?" He asked, "It has no life force, so it may not perish at the effects" He explained, with a smile.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Thu 24 Jun 2010, 1:05 pm

Farrah glanced over at the stone he was holding and nodded briefly. "Yeah. I guess killing something unnecessarily is probably a bad idea. Go-go-go, drop it in! I want to see what happens!"
Her enthusiasm was without purpose, since neither of them knew what would happen, but even so, she was content with getting worked up over nothing if she was having fun anyway.

{ If ya do put the stone in the basin, it will vanish, but nothing will happen otherwise. I suggest more experimenting is in order. 8D }
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Thu 24 Jun 2010, 9:31 pm

Anthony smiled at her, before dropping in the stone. Stepping back a second, he shielded his eyes as the rock disappeared. His eye twitched for a moment before he returned to his position beside the basin, looking in, and as he'd thought he saw, the rock had gone. "Wh- It's gone!" He exclaimed, pointing out the obvious but boosting the dramatics of the situation. "How... I'm pretty glad I didn't put my hand in now!" He said, looking at his hand in relief.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sat 26 Jun 2010, 12:23 am

Farrah narrowed her eyes and drew closer as Anthony let go of the rock. One could almost detect a kind of disappointment in her face as it failed to light up, to explode, to trigger some kind of trap or do anything except simply vanish.
"That's boring! Put something else in!" she commanded, turning on her heel to bound energetically over to the side of the temple, shielding her eyes with her hand and staring out over the west of the island. "We need something cool to try putting in it. I bet then it'd do something more interesting."
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar Sat 26 Jun 2010, 6:41 pm

From the distance a robot like being gazed from the distance.

[Targets do not seem hostile. Course of action: Investigate]

The robot slowly entered the tunnel where Farrah and Anthony were situated. "Umm excuse me. Where am I?" Magnus questioned.

Lunar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 27 Jun 2010, 12:58 am

Anthony's antenna twitched at the sound of the newcomer. They buzzed and flashed as he picked up their electronical waves, his eye twitching then opening his mouth slowly. "Uhhh..." He finally rolled out, staring at the robot-humanoid like being and stepping forwards. "Y-you're in a temple..?" He answered obviously, stepping closer, still partially scanning the being. "And you're damaged.." He said finalising his scan, stepping closer. "Are you okay?" He asked, holding his hand out towards it, no idea if it could be dangerous or not.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar Sun 27 Jun 2010, 1:03 am

Magnus' visor blinked. "It's only the flight pack and my memory chip. All I know now is from after I got here..." Magnus looked around. "So this is the temple... Ah!... Don't worry about me i'm harmless, I work to help... Not destroy."

The robot bowed trying to show sincerity. "The name is Magnus. And you two are?...."

Lunar

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sun 27 Jun 2010, 1:49 pm

Farrah stepped forwards and held out her hand for a handshake, grinning. She'd been worried this thing was hostile at first, but it seemed to be polite enough.
"Hiya! I'm Farrah, and this here is my best buddy Anthony!" She winked and emitted a kind of bouncy laugh. "And we're investigating the mystery of the Disappearerising Plinth! Isn't that right, Ant?" She elbowed her friend with her free arm.
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 27 Jun 2010, 1:55 pm

"Uh- y-yes!" Anthony replied, flinching from her elbow. "We put a rock in but it disappeared" He explained briefly, finishing off with a small smile. Looking, back to Farrah, "What should we put in it next?" He asked, flashing a glance at Magnus, "Any ideas?" He asked, walking back over to the plinth and placing his hands on the edge again, staring into it.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar Sun 27 Jun 2010, 2:43 pm

Magnus shook Farrah's hand. "I hope I can be useful." It turned to look at the Plinth. Magnus scanned the plinth trying to figure it out. After a while his visor dimmed "Sorry Farrah, Anthony but I have no existing data about this plinth. I'm really sorry..." Magnus hung it's head in shame.

He perked. "Maybe there is something here that can help... Let's look for something that seems out of place..."

Lunar

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti Sun 27 Jun 2010, 7:43 pm

Farrah grinned widely at the robot's suggestion. "Great idea! Maybe there's a hidden switch that will make something cool happen!" She grinned and glanced around, then her eyes settled on the meadow to the north. "...And... While you two do that, I'm gonna go gather a bouquet. Trust me, I have a plan!"

With that, she turned tail and sprinted to the north side of the temple, vaulting over the edge to begin picking at flowers at the edge of the field.

[ She's still in the thread, don't worry ^^; ]
Authenti
Authenti
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 28 Jun 2010, 10:45 pm

Anthony looked back as Farrah vaulted off. Giving a bestranged look before turning back to the plinth for a moment. "What are you..." He whispered, looking closely before pivoting on one foot to face Magnus. Nodding as he caught eye level before walking slowly around the temple, eyes focused on the floor looking for anything odd that may have been dropped there or grown, on the point of weeds or such, but he saw none.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar Mon 28 Jun 2010, 10:50 pm

Magnus decided to serch too. His visor flickered from it's regular blue to a plain green colour. "I will search too." Magnus detected several vases inside several indents across a wall. "Maybe it has something to do with these" he pondered aloud looking back and forth at the identical objects.

Lunar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum