Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

System Reset [COMPLETE]

Go down

System Reset [COMPLETE]

Post  Lunar on Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

The residential area seemed rather quiet despite it's purpouse, The bland looking buildings lined up barely showed signs of life. However amongst these buildings resided a human sized metal object, The being was a robot deactivated at this point as it lay motionless against the wall it rested on.

Suddenly it jerked to life as it's visor flickered on and off. It hasn't powered up for a long time so it took a while to boot up fully.

"SYSTEM START! SCANNING ENVIROMENT!" the robot boomed in a monotone voice as it powered up checking it's enviroment. "AREA UNKNOWN! UNABLE TO LOCATE LIFE!... PERFORMING DIAGNOSTICS!..... 80% HULL INTEGRITY! RIGHT RADAR DESTROYED! REPAIR ASAP!" The visor flickered back to nothing.

"DIAGNOSTICS COMPLETE... RUNNING PERSONALITY PROGRAM!". The visor flickered back this time with a blue like glow. As it spoke the voice seemed more kinder and human like. "Personality boot... Complete...."

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: System Reset [COMPLETE]

Post  Authenti on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 12:18 am

High in the air, a dragon held itself aloft on the warm air currents. She could definitely see something down there, but without getting closer, she couldn't be sure. It looked metal.

Giving a wary grimace at the concept of possibly being attacked, Sail fanned out her wings and stopped moving completely. Her weight was enough to drag her ground-wards once she had slid off the edge of the updraught, and with a quiet 'thwp' of her heavy hind paws on the ground, she once more folded her wings into their blue cases and arched her neck gracefully to examine the strange thing that now awaited before her.

"Greetings," she tried experimentally. She wasn't yet sure if this thing was even a sentient being. It could just be some kind of statue, of course. Sail hadn't ruled that option out.

Admin

View user profile http://authenti@googlemail.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 12:26 am

The robot turned around to the sound source an gazed at the dragon like being. Unknown to the newcomer the robot scanned the new arival.
[TARGET INVALID]
The robot gently started to speak. "Greetings. What is your name?" the robot questioned in a tone of curiousity. Despite being a machine it seemed to have a personality of sorts installed.

"My name is......." the robot remained silent for a little while. Suddenly it spoke in a monotone mechanical voice "SYSTEM ERROR. MEMORY FILE DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR".

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 12:52 am

Sail flinched at the unnatural-sounding voice, but otherwise showed no sign of being put off. She was a calm one by nature, and if it wasn't attacking her, she wasn't going to-
...Okay. That other, slightly more shouty voice, was rather grating. But she was absolutely not going to freak out.

"My name is Sail." She spoke slowly and clearly. Sail had only encountered one of these metal things before, and she was struggling to remember what they were called. Ro-something...? "You need not tell me your name if such a thing is problematic. It is good to meet you. May I be of assistance?"

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 1:30 am

The robot perked as he spoke calmly again. "Sail... Even though my memory bank may be corrupted I know that my task is to serve my master... And since I may have lost that specific individual and you are the first I have seen.... May I be of assistance." The robot started to sound friendlier towards Sail.

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:01 am

Sail blinked at this sudden revelation and then recoiled slightly, shaking her head but putting on a friendly smile.

"No, no. I spend most of my time in the skies," she explained, flicking her nose upwards to indicate the misty sky above them. "It is no place for groundbound people, and I do not spend enough time on the ground to command anyone efficiently."

The dragon settled more comfortably on the warm pavement. "But I have seen others here. May I suggest you pick your master wisely? I am sure you will be more efficient under a carefully-chosen master."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:05 am

The robot perked. "I do have a flight pack but... I broke it on landing here." it sighed as it sounded a bit down. "Maybe I will find a new master soon..." it looked at sail. "At the very least can you give me a name? I lost my previous one and a bunch of numbers won't do."

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:53 am

Sail blinked several times from beneath her visor and then nodded swiftly. "Of course, of course. I apologise for not doing so sooner. Would a human title suffice, or must it have meaning? I am loath to name you along the lines of 'Clarence', as I would much rather you had a title that suited you."
She tapped the end of her tail against the floor as she glanced up at the mist in the sky, thinking deeply. "Magnets. Magna... Magnus? Will 'Magnus' serve your purpose? I believe it means 'great' in Latin, and you have heard my thought process to get there."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:57 am

The robot pondered quietly on the thought.
[Registering name as Magnus.... Complete!]
"Thank you Sail. Magnus sounds great~" The robot although being emotionless seemed really happy with his new name. "I'm sorry that I will be unable to serve you but... I am forever grateful to have met someone here and being informed that there are others here." The robot bowed with a feeling of sincerity.

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Authenti on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:40 pm

Sail smiled and shook herself like a dog briefly, then spread her wings and stretched them out to ease the stiffness at being in their cases for so long.

"You are very welcome, Magnus." She padded over to the fountain and dipped her beak into the water, drinking deeply and tilting her head upwards to drain her mouth much like a bird; she then glanced back at Magnus and beat her wings once or twice.

"I have seen that there are people around the lake to the east of here, and in the wall-less Temple to the north-east. You may reach both by following the path over there," she nodded her head at it. "For now, I may bid you adieu. It has been pleasant meeting you, Magnus, sir."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 6:38 pm

Magnus gazed at Sail. "Thank you" he said in a tone of gratuity. "I wish we can meet again sometime..." His programing pondered on the next destination. "I shall go to the temple to find my new master then." He bowed again "Thank you for the help".

And with that the robot started his way to where the temple was.

(Thanks Authenti. You can close the topic now~)

Lunar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down