Tale of Nebula Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Just Chillin'? [Finished]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Just Chillin'? [Finished] - Page 2 Empty Re: Just Chillin'? [Finished]

Post  sami Thu 10 Jun 2010, 6:42 am

Tao felt a small smile spread across his face. No one had ever spoken so nicely to him before. He doubted that Crewe would be able to save him, or even be able to find the lab, but it was a nice gesture all the same. He eyed Crewe's wings curiously. "Wings?"

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Thu 10 Jun 2010, 11:38 pm

Crewe paused for a moment, like "What?" before realising Tao was looking at his wings. He stood up, turning around, to show his eagle like wings on his back, fluttering them then spreading them out to show him. "Yeah, i'm an Anima" He said, turning back around and sitting on the edge of the gazebo. "I'm a Griffon. Half lion, half eagle" He explained, pointing to his lion ears and tail then his wings. "What about you?" He asked, "I've never seen your species before" He asked intriqued.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Fri 11 Jun 2010, 12:39 am

Anima? Tao had never heard of one before. The only place in the world where hybrids weren't killed was the lab, and he had never heard of an Anima, or a Griffon. And he had heard of a lot of things, the scientists loved to brag. "Experiment. Fish and cat and boy." He placed a hand over his gills and let his tail peek over his shoulder. "Are you from the lab?"

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 11 Jun 2010, 1:33 am

"Uh...no" Crewe replied, "I'm a traveller, I travel around..never staying in one place for too long-" He trailed off, looking to the side recollecting his life. "I've lived alone most of my life, I was raised by my parents, but they left me when I was old enough and i've just bimbled along since then" He said, finished with a fake smile. "But seriously, i'll get you out of that lab. I don't care what it takes, if we end up going back, I will get you out" He said, determination burning in his eyes, clenching a fist with one hand.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Fri 11 Jun 2010, 3:33 am

"Alone?" Tao marvelled at how similar yet different he and Crewe were. Maybe he could make a friend. A real friend...

He turned and dived into the lake suddenly, searching for something.

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Fri 11 Jun 2010, 4:00 pm

Crewe flinched forwards as Tao dived, hand extended forwards as if to stop him going. "Ah-" He started, mouth open as he lowered him arm back down. "Maybe I bored him.." He muttered, sliding down the side of the gazebo to sit on the floor, twiddling his fingers on the wooden flooring.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Sat 12 Jun 2010, 1:36 am

Tao wove the strands of seaweed together with an impatient frown. Was that even right...? He remembered vaguely something one of the assistants had been saying to a coworker about a friendship bracelet. How the coworker had just thought it was silly, but the assistant said it was proof that they were good friends and wouldn't hurt each other, or something like that.

Back at the surface, he offered a length of the weed-rope shyly to Crewe. "Friend?"

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sat 12 Jun 2010, 2:23 pm

Crewe's mouth hung open as he looked at the seaweed bracelet, was it a friendship bracelet? He'd seen them on stalls and people buying them to give to others but he'd never had one himself. Raising his hand forwards, he took it from Tao and looked down at it, a smile crawling up his face as he tried to hold back his happy tears.

Looking back up at Tao, his smile broke into a grin, "Best friends" He said, taking his two bangle type bracelets off his left hand and sliding them in his bag before tieing it around his wrist.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Sat 12 Jun 2010, 8:54 pm

Tao returned the grin excitedly. He had a real friend. A best friend, even. The only problem was, though, that he didn't know what best friends were supposed to do. He had never seen best friends interact in the lab, and he had never had a best friend of his own before.

The only logical conclusion he could draw, since they were both in a new place, was to...

"Explore?"

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Sun 13 Jun 2010, 1:50 am

Crewe nodded. "Yeah" He replied, turning his head he looked over towards the temple and the residential area, and then in the other direction to the forest. "Which way do you want to go? Have you been anywhere else?" He asked, wings expanding as he placed both hands on his back to stretch.
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Sun 13 Jun 2010, 3:54 am

Tao turned his head left and right, sniffing the air. There were so many lifeforms, now that he stopped to look for them! One scent in particular caught his attention. It was all alone, no other noticable life around it. Fear tainted the odor of thunderstorms and mice. Tao narrowed his eyes and turned toward the source. "That way?"

[that would be the mines]

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 14 Jun 2010, 1:00 am

Crewe placed his hand over his eyebrows like many humans did when they were looking in the distance, despite the fact it didn't help him see further. "Right then" He said, spreading out his wings and walking down into the open from the Gazebo. "Time to fly!" He grinned, flapping his wings a few times to warm up before running forwards and taking off in an instant. Disappearing behind the roof of the gazebo, he circled in the air, flying over the lake before turning and flying straight towards the gazebo again. "Hold on Taoooo!" He yelled, getting closer and closer by the second, ducking through the gaps in the gazebo, he swooped straight over Tao, grabbing under his arms and lifting him over the gazebo side on the alternate side and up and out into the air. "Woo hoo~!" He exclaimed, laughter erupting from him as he flew towards the mines carrying Tao.

[I'll close this thread once you've posted Sami C: Then we can continue in the Mines]
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  sami Mon 14 Jun 2010, 1:13 am

"Nyaaah!" Tao felt himself be lifted off the rail of the gazebo. His legs flailed in the open air. He clutched Crewe's arms tightly. The rushing wind dried the water on his dark skin and left him shivering in the tattered shorts he wore. Against his will, of course. Once he had calmed himself a bit, he turned to watch the ground below them.

[you start, or shall I?]

sami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kass Mon 14 Jun 2010, 1:25 am

[Posted, guessed we would be going on Auth's Pichu thread so posted there. C: i'll finish this now]
Kass
Kass

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2