Tale of Nebula Heights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to ToNH! We're a timeless, boundless roleplay based on a fictional hovering island named Nebula Heights, and we're always looking for new members to expand on the possibilities. ToNH's main plot is sketchy as best - because you are the explorers that will make the plot what it is. The more you explore and have your character interact with the environment, the more likely you'll set the ball rolling on another subplot...

Authenti | Site Owner/Admin

Kass | Global Moderator
Season: Summer
---
Males: 9
Females: 9
N/A: 2
All characters who are currently on the island will hear this once, at whichever time is most convenient. Those sleeping will hear it in their dreams; anyone in a dangerous situation will hear it when they are safe again. You don't need to copy it out in your post, though you can if you want to.

"Greetings, strangers, and welcome to Nebula Heights. My name is Phasma. Thank you to those who discovered my temple; in locating the Awakening orb, you have taken the first step towards revitalising this world. Your purpose is as yet unknown to you, but you would do well to continue making life force tributes at this altar. It is your choice whether or not to trust me. Until I regain the energy that has faded over the years, and my powers over this world reawaken, I will remain dormant. Good luck to you."

Will O' The Wisp

3 posters

Go down

Will O' The Wisp Empty Will O' The Wisp

Post  Skye Slipstream Thu 17 Jun 2010, 11:16 pm

Wisp was vaguely aware that she was lying down, her face in the ground, with her eyes shut and probably in this posture due to previously being unconscious. Vaguely. The confused seventeen-year-old girl blinked a few times, catching dirt in her eyelashes with every movement.
Dirt? That's not right.
She couldn't tell why, though. Her body slowly regaining its energy, she shifted off the ground and moved to a sitting pose, gazing at her surroundings.
Large, thick trees lined everywhere she could see, branches dangling in and out. Birds and insects occasionally scattered out of the leaves or the grass respectively, before fleeing away. Sunbeams lazily drifted in and out of the canopy, and there was a faint smell of berries and dew in the air.
Wisp didn't like it here. She had spent most of her life in the city of Geotyne, which was far to the north and practically encased in ice and snow. Already, beads of sweat were running off her skin and dripping down her aviator's coat.
Until recently... Think, Wisp, where were you?
The lost girl tried to remember what she had been doing before awaking in this new place. Pieces of her mind slowly formed together. The sound of footsteps, incredibly fast, on marble. Drips of blood on statues. A marble hall, dusty and forgotten.
Oh, that's right. She had went to investigate the marble catacombs, went inside, and found...
A Cardinal. Oh, I'm probably dead then.
Not all that bothered at the prospect of being in the afterlife, Wisp stood up and gauged her surroundings. An ordinary person would try to call for help. Wisp frowned with silent annoyance.
I hate being mute.
Figuring there was nothing else to do, Wisp guessed where north was, and (being a bit more stealthy than usual) ran off into the thicket. At least she was still alive.
Well, supposing this isn't heaven. Or Hell. It's probably Hell.

Last edited by Skye Slipstream on Thu 01 Jul 2010, 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

http://skyeslipstream.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Will O' The Wisp Empty Re: Will O' The Wisp

Post  Sayuri Lilly Tue 22 Jun 2010, 7:24 pm

"Hmm. Lets see..." Lilly a small girl Business Deku Scrub from a far away land, pondered at her surroundings with her glowing yellow eyes looking for something in particular in the earth and vegitation of the forest. "You know, if they gone and gave me the wrong map.." She plonks herself on a mossy, over grown tree log and placed her heavy jingly backpack down to look at her map more closely.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

http://sayuri-lilly.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Wed 23 Jun 2010, 7:11 pm

Wisp tripped over another overgrown root, clutching her boot and miming a multitude of rude words. Wiping more sweat from her brow, she rested her head on the bark of a tree to think for a moment.
"Hmm. Let's see..."
Wisp frowned, looking for the source of voice. Being cautious yet curious, she took the crossbow strapped to her back and primed it carefully. It was made from rich mahogany wood and was spring operated.

A rustle came from the same direction and Wisp rolled into the foliage. Peeking out, Wisp saw... something. It was a monster, that much was clear. Most people would have fired in fear and panic at the strange being, but Wisp had met monsters before. Nonetheless, she kept her finger on the trigger. It was short, and appeared to be made of wood, with large yellow eyes that seemed to glow.
Looks kinda like a human. But those are usually the worst ones.
Before Wisp could send an arrow on its way, the stranger sighed. "You know, if they hadn't gone and given me the wrong map..."
Talking?! Well, that's... new.

The stranger continued to sit down an overgrown tree log. Wisp took a brief moment to get the small blackboard and chalk from her coat pocket and scribbled a message on it. Satisfied, she leapt from the bushes and unrolled in front of the being, holding a crossbow in one hand and her blackboard in the other. The poor handwriting read:
Who are you?
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Thu 24 Jun 2010, 12:25 am

The small Deku Scrub continued looking at the map she was holding, which was probably the same size as her small height. She starts turning it upside down, horizontally and vertically until it came quite apparent to her. She had no idea how to read maps. "Arrrrgh, I knew this was a bad idea. What will I do now?" Lilly continues to sit on the log with the big map laying on her head in shame and concern, until she heard something from the bushes.

Nervously and still hiding under her massive map she asks, "Who's there?" She didn't know that there could be other people here, or even if there were any other creatures. Due to this fact and lack of research into this area she became scared rather quickly, she hesitantly lifts the map up to look at her surroundings to find someone right infront of her. It shocked her that much she yelped and fell backwards on the mossy log with a hard thud, she lays there all swirly eyed and confused particially conscious.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Sun 27 Jun 2010, 1:07 am

Wisp watched as the creature fell backwards and hit its head, her mind dislodging and knocked out.
...I wish all monsters did that when I showed up.
Not bothering to check on her, Wisp investigated the large backpack. She struggled to even pick it up; it seemed far too heavy for something so small.
Oh, right, it's cause I'm weak. I keep forgetting that you don't have to be tough to use a crossbow. Dammit, Wisp, you're slow today.
Zipping the top open, a collection of unknown items filled her vision. Being curious, Wisp looked at them, unsure what each and every one was. Nothing useful came to mind. She zipped the bag shut again and pushed it away in annoyance. It lopped onto the side and the word "Lilly" was written on the side.
Lilly? Hm. I guess it fits. My name's better, though.
Wisp only then remembered the unconscious girl near her. She was still confused as to what she was, or what to do with her.
Well, she's certainly not a threat. Maybe she can tell me if there's anything useful in that bag.
Frowning, Wisp walked over and lightly kicked the Deku.
If she's not awake in the next ten seconds, I'm taking her stuff.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Sun 27 Jun 2010, 5:02 pm

The little kick was enough to unfreeze the Deku and instantly jump up onto her feet out of general eagerness to see who and what it was that scared her. Realising that she was a human girl, Lilly sighed in relief then quickly pouting angrilly at the girl "Honestly! What's with all the sneaking and quietness? You can give a Scrub a heartattack doing things like that!"

She picks up her fallen map from the floor and folds it up again, "We maybe made of wood and leaves but we're just as alive as any other living thing." She rambles and effortlessly lifts the bag and places it back on the tree log again, inserting the map into an easy to reach pocket.

Noticing that the girl wasn't speaking and keeping deadly quiet, Lilly turned round to look at her again in curiosity, "Hm, sorry maybe you're just shy. I have my tendencies to snap... get it? snap? like a twig? Damn that was terrible." Lilly sweatdrops shaking her head, "Well, enough with the bad puns. My name is Lilly, who might you be?"
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Mon 28 Jun 2010, 6:09 pm

The creature jumped back into consciousness, and Wisp twitched her hand over to her crossbow. It sighed and pouted angrily. "Honestly! What's with all the sneaking and quietness? You can give a Scrub a heart attack, doing things like that!" Wisp nearly growled with offence.
...I'm sorry, what? Nobody talks to me like that. Does she have any idea who I am?
The "Scrub" picked her map back up. "We may be made of wood and leaves, but we're just as alive as any other living thing."
Maybe if I kick her again, she'll shut up...
Lilly turned around with a curious expression. "Hm, sorry. Maybe you're just shy. I have my tendencies to snap... Get it? Snap? Like a twig? Damn, that was terrible."
I really want to kick her. Several times.
"Well, enough with the bad puns. My name is Lilly, who might you be?" The girl tilted her head. Wisp just frowned with more annoyance and rubbed the previous writing off her blackboard. She scribbled a new word, hoping the strange being would soon figure out Wisp's lack of working vocal chords. She held up the small blackboard.
Wisp.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Mon 28 Jun 2010, 10:19 pm

Lilly looked at the girl with confusion for a moment when she saw the black board and the chalked text pressented to her, unlike the rest of her spieces she was able to read human writing really well, she never really understood why, she just put it down to simply being blessed with the ability.

"Wisp?" She said quietly while looking at the girl's appearance and how she didn't appear to say anything verbally. It eventually dawned on her that the black board might have been used for communication, which would explain the quietness earlier,"You can't speak?" She said gently with guilt. Snapping at her a moment ago wasn't a smart move, "I really am sorry. I didn't know." She bowed her head in apology briefly, she didn't want to draw attention to Wisp's inability to talk too much so she quickly moved on from the subject, "So Wisp is your name? It's very nice to meet you!" She said with her normal perky voice with a happier expression.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Tue 29 Jun 2010, 12:25 am

"Wisp?" The Deku said quietly. Wisp nodded in response. "You can't speak?" Wisp nodded again, exaggerating a bit more this time. "I really am sorry. I didn't know." Lilly bowed in apology.
Wisp raised an eyebrow. Most people didn't feel guilty or sympathetic when they found she was mute.
...Well, that's... nice of her.
"So Wisp is your name? It's very nice to meet you!" She extended her palm for a handshake. Wisp frowned once more, unsure to take it - this was still a mostly unknown creature to her.
She's sentient and just apologised. I guess I can trust her a bit. If not, she'll make a great meatshield. Well, woodshield.
The human girl shook the smaller figure's hand stiffly. She wasn't much for etiquette.
Snap. Noise. Wisp spun around, crossbow raised and pointed.
Don't be a Cardinal, don't be a Cardinal, don't be-
It was a tree branch in the faint wind. She lowered her weapon, trying to ignore Lilly's awkward stare and the obvious humiliation. Annoyed, Wisp turned back to the Deku and pointed at the bag. Wisp enjoyed miming rather than talking, and she was deeply curious in the unknown stock Lilly was carrying.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Tue 29 Jun 2010, 2:20 am

After seeing Wisp suddenly react to a noise in the tree's, Lilly realised that the girl had a crossbow in her other hand which took her by surprise a little. 'Maybe this place is dangerous afterall, should count my blessings that I'm still alive.' She thought to herself.

She then saw Wisp point at her travelling rucksack on the tree log, "Ohh this old thing?" She leans on it some-what proudly, "This is my merchants rucksack, it also has lots of materials, tools and everything I own. I made a few added additions to the bag like the blue circular stones sitting upon my bags main opening, made of genuine moon stone! Rare stones they are, you can't see it so much in this light but in the dark they make a nice source of light." She pauses and bows nervously at her rambling, "Ahh! Sorry I guess it's been a long time since I spoken to anyone. I'm a travelling merchant who crafts useful items anyways. I'm also a very good cook! ... Well, providing I have the right ingredients of course." She says jokingly, "What about you Wisp? Do you live here?" she tilts her head in question.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Wed 30 Jun 2010, 1:00 am

"Oh, this old thing?" Lilly leant on the bag. "This is my merchant's rucksack it also has lots of materials, tools and everything I own." Wisp was interested by the mention of 'merchant'. "I made a few additions to the bag like the blue circular stones sitting upon my bags main opening, made of genuine moon stone! Rare stones they are, you can't see it so much in this light but in the dark they make a nice source of light."
Wisp walked over and felt one with intrigue. When she grew up, she never had anything pretty like that. A stroke of envy hit her, but she could at least understand why - they really looked beautiful. Wisp gave a tiny smile to Lilly.
Must be sure to buy one, if I ever find any money.
The Deku bowed nervously. "Ahh! Sorry I guess it's been a long time since I spoken to anyone."
Same here.
"I'm a travelling merchant who crafts useful items anyways. I'm also a very good cook! ...Well, providing I have the right ingredients of course."
Wisp was good at a variety of things, but cooking wasn't one of them. Finally, someone to help so I don't have to eat raw dead animals. Wonder if she knows how to make stew...?
"What about you Wisp? Do you live here?" Lilly asked.
Wisp responded by shaking her head. She was unsure where she was, and it looked like Lilly was just as lost.
No point sitting around here.
Wisp pointed to Lilly, then used her fingers to mime walking, then pointed to herself. Follow.
Hoping she would get the message, Wisp turned and slowly picked her way into the seemingly endless thicket around them. It was going to be a long day.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Wed 30 Jun 2010, 3:28 am

Seeing Wisp shake her head made Lilly wonder why she was here, 'I guess she got lost like me possibly.' She pondered to herself. Even though Lilly was lost and spooked by what could be living in this area she was intrigued by the foresty landscape, it was far more overgrown and big in comparison to other forests she's seen on her travels.

Her sights were then switched to Wisp again when she saw her moving and making hand gestures, she got the general gist that Wisp wanted her to follow. Nodding, the Deku quickly hooped her rucksack to her arms again and followed close behind. Seeing the thick vegitation before them Lilly decided to take the front for the moment, "I'm not sure if you're any good at reading maps Wisp but I know I can't fav'um these things out myself." She hands Wisp her big folded map, "I think anyone can read these things better than me." She then unpops one of her longer side pockets on her bag and slowly unsheaths a big Machette blade, "I'll just cut some of this vegitation..." She examines the blades sharpness for a moment then flicks the blade making a brief chime sound, she then holds the blade in one hand positioning her arm slightly further back and horizontal.

"Oh! I'd step back by the way, this thing can slice limbs. Also I'm a little out of practice..." She warned, getting into position she rotated briefly then suddenly she spinned immensely fast on the spot wobbling slightly and pursuing the bushes, twigs and vines at a fast speed ahead leaving an almost clean path ahead. She spun that fast the leaves, wood and other potencial debree evaporated to dust. The shredding was heard in the distance for a few moments but quite an obvious slicing thud was heard stopping the sound all together with a distant Deku moan and squeek.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Thu 01 Jul 2010, 2:36 am

Wisp began to delve into the thick vegetation, but the Deku hopped in front of her. The human girl scowled - she was the one in charge. Nonetheless, she followed Lilly.
"I'm not sure if you're any good at reading maps Wisp, but I know I can't fav'um these things out myself." Lilly handed her the large, slightly torn map. "I think anyone can read these things better than me."
Wisp looked over the map and within five seconds, figured out the orientation and their general area. She was used to travelling by herself over lands, and map reading was one of the skills she needed. It seemed to be an island, with a variety of terrain.
Hm. Strange. There's no ocean around the island. Either the map maker was an idiot, or we're really lost.

Wisp pointed towards the direction of the shore, and Lilly nodded, acknowledging the signal. Suddenly, Lilly unsheathed a large steel blade - a machete. The frail heart inside Wisp's chest nearly exploded.
...That knife arouses me. I need one of those. Like, right now.
"I'll just cut some of this vegitation... Oh! I'd step back by the way, this thing can slice limbs. Also I'm a little out of practice..."
Wisp stepped back, just as the other girl suddenly spun at immense speed, like a miniature cyclone. Everything in range was cut down, again, and again. With a suprisingly large amount of forest cut down, Wisp simply clapped in applause.
She looked damn stupid doing that, but hey, can't argue with results.
The two of them looked to see even more flora ahead of them. Lilly pouted, and cut down more. Wisp followed behind, crossbow at the ready.

After a few minutes of nervous adventuring, Wisp looked up at the sky, peeking out of the endless canopy.
...This is too suspicious. Someone must have put me here. Better find out who's respons-.
Snap. Wisp collapsed to her knees, grasping her head in pain - her mouth miming horrific screaming.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Sat 03 Jul 2010, 2:47 am

The spinning got a bit too much for Lilly so she stopped, wobbling on her feet for a moment then plonking herself on the shredded clean ground with a thud, "Argh. I think I've over done it a bit..." She moans quietly to herself shaking her head then slowly getting back on her feet again, sheathing her weapon back in her bag again.

"Sorry Wisp I need a brake from the-" She suddenly looked at Wisp on her knee's, seeing that she was miming some kind of expression of pain. Coating Lillys face with immediate worry she ran to her quickly and kneeled on the ground with her, completely unsure on what to do, "Wisp what's wrong! What can I do!?" She squeeked in panic.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Mon 05 Jul 2010, 8:09 pm

You can't run.
I can. It's what I'm best at.
I am superior.
...Well, yeah, but I can try.
For how long?
For as long as I can. I'm tough.
You're not.
Yes I am!
Would they agree?
...Who?
The others.
...Oh, the other orphans. They were idiots, and bullies.
And superior.
Shut up, you're lying! I'm proud of who I am!
You're nothing. They had happiness and friendship and fufillment, and they left you behind. Poor Wisp, sitting alone, drifting in her sadness.
Don't you envy them?
...Well, I... I did kinda feel sad when-
Don't you?
Yes, I do.
Don't you hate them?
Yes.
Don't you hate everyone?
Ye- ...No. No! Now get out of my head! Get out! GET OUT!

Wisp blinked several times and the endless void of cold darkness disappeared, replaced with Lilly holding her and trying to speak with her, fright in her voice. Wisp's eyes unrolled from the back of her skull, and she faintly nodded.
These blackouts are getting worse.
Wisp held up an open palm while gasping, signing that Lilly should stop, and that she was fine. Still feeling week, she wrote down an explanation on the blackboard.
I get blakouts sometimes their weird but Im better
Too tired to spellcheck, she got back to her feet... and froze again.
These blackouts only happened when that thing was close. Which would mean...
Wisp beckoned Lilly. She really wanted to get a move on.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Tue 06 Jul 2010, 1:28 am

Seeing that Wisp turned back to normal, Lilly looked at her in confussion but was more glad to see she was okay than anything else. She reads her chalk board then narrows her eyes slightly at her written cause of her brief collaspe, 'A black out? That looked far more than a simple faint.' She thought to herself, watching Wisp stand back up again, she watches her frozen state then her sudden beckoning.

Lilly sighed briefly then jumped back up on her feet again knowing there was obviously more to the girl than she already thought. She adjusted her bag on her arms, walking steady behind Wisp, just in case she stumbled or "blacked out" again, at least the Deku will be more aware of it happening than last time, if it happened again.

She didn't want to question what just happened too much despite her thoughts since she knew that Wisp was feeling weak and tired, so she opened another pocket on her bag and reveals a bottle of white fluid in her palm labeled "LonLon Milk" with a drawing of a cow. Lilly walks beside her and tugs gently at her jacket sleeve to get her attention,"Hey I have this bottle of milk, rich in calcium and the most delicious white stuff you'd ever drink! It'll build your strength up." She hands the bottle to Wisp, then starts looking around the area 'Jeeeez a perfectly big forest and there's no sign of any eadable plants.' Scratching the back of her head in brief thought.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Sun 11 Jul 2010, 8:56 pm

The two girls ventured through the seemingly endless forest, twigs snapped as they took steps on the uneven earth. Wisp was thinking about quite a lot of things, but she didn't understand much of it, so she just kept her finger ready on the crossbow.
Her random trail of thought was cut short as she felt something on her arm. Looking down, Lilly was tugging her sleeve. Wisp thought it looked silly, like a hungry child trying to beg to its parent, but she kept the harsh simile to herself (not that she could share it, anyway). Wisp raised an eyebrow. What?

Lilly handed her a bottle filled with milk. "Hey, I have this bottle of milk, rich in calcium and the most delicious white stuff you'd ever drink! It'll build your strength up."
Wisp took the bottle and swigged some of it. Her eyes, the colour of a stormy sea, seemed to brighten. It was delicious; Wisp was used to drinking water, and rarely the clean variety. Wisp smirked and glugged down the drink while Lilly scouted the area.

After finishing the bottle and wiping the milk off her lips with her sleeve, the two moved on. After an unknown amount of time walking around aimlessly, the thicket started to clear. Lilly stepped forward, and instantly stepped back. She was silent. Curious, Wisp stood beside her and looked at what had caused her recoil.
The island was floating, misty skies surrounding the cliffside they were precariously standing on the edge of.

The two girls stood for a while, looking at the impossible. Finally, Wisp wrote down a message on her blackboard.
I think we're lost.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar Tue 20 Jul 2010, 3:03 am

A glimmer appeared from the base of one of the many trees surrounding the outskirt of the forest. A closer nspecion revealed a glossy black device with a golden trim on it's edges and detail. In one spot of this mysterious device rested a purple gem that seemed to emit a mysterious aura of sorts and surrounding the gem there were four red triangle like decals forming an 'X' shape around the orb.

The object would appear hard to open.

Lunar

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Wed 04 Aug 2010, 2:42 am

A deep void of silence followed for a while, as Wisp and Lilly tried to gauge the floating island. Luckily, both of them were from worlds that were just as impossible (though Wisp conciled a little faster; she were raised in an upside down house).
"We're not in Hyrule, I guess." Lilly teetered a look over the cliffside. "Don't suppose you know where we are?"
Wisp showed the blackboard. I think we're lost.
"Oh. Sorry." More silence followed. "...What now?"
Wisp wrote another message on the blackboard. Set up shelter.
Getting a move on, Wisp headed off into the thicket to fetch some wood. Lilly sighed, gazing once more at the endless skies around (and below) them.

Wisp cut down the sixth tree branch with her Swiss Army knife (which took an annoying amount of time). Just as she added it to the pile, a glimmer caught her eyes. She bent down, dirtying her slightly torn jeans, and examined the point of interest. It was... an object of some kind. Black, square, ordained, decalled...
Oh, hello, what's your name?
A sparkling purple gemstone was embedded in the centre of the face of the object. Most people thought Wisp to be a noble hearted adventurer, but she was imperfect like anyone else and instantly tried to pry the gem free with her knife. To no avail, it was stuck.
Seething, she decided to do the next best thing and just take the whole damn stupid bloody annoying thing. Holding it under one arm, she collected the bundle of wood under the other, and marched back to see Lilly.

Nightfall.
Moonbeams were peeking out of the canopy, and dancing on the tree trunks. Lilly looked at the scene with open eyes, her artistic mind seeing the beauty of the surroundings. Wisp didn't care.

The two girls were resting against the largest tree they could find. Lilly had formed a sort of cushion/bed/crude pile of leaves, and was resting soothingly in them. She was humming a mellow tune and fiddling with her lilly gem with happiness, thinking about the handsome wanderer who had given it to her. Wisp had kicked off her boots and socks, as well as removing her jacket and various accessories; her boots were two sizes too small, her jacket was making her sweat in the heat, and carrying a crossbow on her skinny frame hurt.
The gem-embedded object (which Lilly had inspected with great curiosity when Wisp had returned) was sitting next to the campfire. There was little to no sound in the forest around them, yet Wisp remained on edge. She fought monster oftens, and always knew the silent ones were the smart ones.

An hour passed and Wisp finally managed to stop being on edge. She turned and saw Lilly asleep on her leaves.
...Wonder where she came from.
Most people would think of family, friends, or places they left behind before finding themselves on an unknown floating island. Wisp was not like most people. She shrugged off any memories and fell asleep on the ground in about half a minute.

Wisp was dreaming about monsters.
And elsewhere on the island, a monster was dreaming of Wisp.
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayuri Lilly Sun 22 Aug 2010, 4:47 pm

Early morning soon filtered through the trees and Lilly began to wake up quietly from her small leafy bed. The main concern in her mind was to find some food, she wasn't in the habit of keeping raw meat and other such foods with her for obvious sanitary reasons. But given the long day ahead of them they both needed something to keep them going, so she quietly removed herself from the bed and placed her bag on her back without wanting to wake up Wisp.

Even though she found no sign of animal life throughout the entire time of exploring the area, fairly close by she thought she heard something resembling a small waterfall. If she found it then she could possibly find fish in the area as well as a nice source of clean water for other needs. So she began wandering off into the forest keeping a close ear on the sounds to lead the way.

She began marking the trees with her machete blade by removing a chunk of bark off the surface of the trunk and cutting any big vegitation that was in the way, by marking the trees it prevented her from getting lost and would show her way back to Wisp and the camp. After a while of searching, the noise became louder and she was certain she found it. She jumps over a log and was imediately greeted to a beautiful sight of a medium sized waterfall falling from a high rocky/cliffy area with a large expanse of water at the bottom.

"Whoa! There just HAS to be fish here!" She said to herself with a joyful expression. She takes her bag off with a thud and searches her main compartment, she then pulls out a fishing rod with a fake lure and stands near the edge of the vast quantity of water. She then gives her fishing line a big flick towards the water and let the lure hit the surface, she then sat down wondering how to cook the fish briefly, "Hm. I hope Wisp likes fish." She thought to herself briefly. She then thought about the mysterious object Wisp found, she never seen such a gem that glowed like her hairclip before. She began wiggling her lure a little.
Sayuri Lilly
Sayuri Lilly

Back to top Go down

Post  Lunar Sun 22 Aug 2010, 5:00 pm

As the day began the mysterious box still remains unresponsve. It does not even look like it could open by normal means. No signs of a keyhole or a latch.

Later on the gem suddenly began to glow a faint purple-ish colour. It began to speak quietly as it glowed. The voice sounded masculine but at the same time was distorted and menacing.

"Release..... Me.... " The energy that surged from the gem was unbelievable.

Lunar

Back to top Go down

Post  Skye Slipstream Wed 25 Aug 2010, 5:49 pm

Wisp woke from her heavy snoring, blinking and realising she had drooled on her shirt. Sitting up abruptly and wiping her mouth, the girl scanned around her. No sign of Lilly.
Oh, if she's ran off without me, I'm gonna burn her ass. Shouldn't be hard, being made of wood and all.
Quickly, Wisp did the first thing she did every day; she very finely checked her crossbow, caressing it slightly. She was atrociously weak, so she had quickly learnt how to use almost any weapon she could get her selfish hands on. And if that didn't work, she could always run away. No one was faster than her.

Before she could think of any plan on what to do, a faint glow emenated from behind her. Within a second, the crossbow was primed and perfectly aiming at the source. Instead of anything she could happily shoot, she found the source to be the strange casket object she found yesterday. Kneeling down, she examined it.
"Release... Me..." The energy intensified, and Wisp leaped back to avoid the purple light.
Despite her lack of proper education, Wisp was no idiot. A magical artifact was glowing ominously and a dark, sinister voice was asking her to release it. This didn't take much consideration.
I'd rather not.
In retaliation, she kicked the object vigorously. It toppled over and Wisp savoured her "victory" for a brief moment, before she immediately clenched her foot and mimed several swears. Worth it, of course.

Ignoring the embedded object, she hastily put her boots back on, flourished her fur coat, and stormed away (following an unusual trail of marked trees).
Skye Slipstream
Skye Slipstream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down